• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

need volvo stroker motor details...

harley

i'm considering doing a build up of a stroker motor. i've heard rumors of a 2.9L monster...i was wondering if a penta crank can be used, types of rods, sources, etc.

thanks

harley said:
i'm considering doing a build up of a stroker motor. i've heard rumors of a 2.9L monster...

You may be referring to the B30 it is an inline 6 that came in the 164. And yes many penta parts will work, although I don't have a list. The penta versions are known as the AQ170 or AQ 165 (I believe only the carbs were different). Check your local marine suply place because ebay never seems to turn up anything worthwhile.

A B30 penta engine can be bored out to 3.6 liters, with a different crank I think.
normal B230 / B23 engines can be 2.5 with the super strong 86 mm stroke penta crank, and with bigger bore, 2.6 to 2.8 is possible but I wouldn't go over 2.6 for cylinder wall thickness. 600 hp is possible with a good built penta engine :-D even more...

It says:

Steel crank shafts of best quality.

All crank shafts have 8 counter weights to give best possible running on high RPM levels.

Cranks with 80, 86, 94,5 and 98 mm stroke are kept in stock.

price: 14800 SEK (approx. 1950 US $) including swedish tax.

Penta marine crankshaft with 86 mm stroke, 55mm main bearings: 4500 SEK.

and at the bottom some stuff about pistons.

If you sleeve the block, you can go up to about 100mm bore.
Wet sleeves involve completely cutting out the old cylinders, and pressing in new liners. Liners are about $50 each, and the machining should be about $120-200.
You can get the 86mm marine cranks here in the states in marine junkyards, although they might be a little rare.

100mm bore x 86mm stroke gets you 2.7 liters for WAY less than the cost of that 98mm crank.

we are now 2012 year, i think they are looking much more for a length of stroke and not the bore size, am i right?

Back