• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Head Distributor Shaft Question

moustacio

Hey all,

** Edit: the reluctor wheel for the hall sensor appears to be a splined press fit. As a temporary fix I wrapped the shaft splines with aluminum foil and seated the wheel with a socket and hammer. I then staked/peened the reluctor to the shaft (maybe a more permanent fix but I'm not sure). As a bonus the whole ride to work I didn't hear the ticking/knocking noise I've had since buying the car. **

I made a wanted ad here for a lh 2.2 head mount distributor for my 88' 745 but I'm curious about something;

Is the distributor shaft pressed into the reluctor wheel for the hall sensor? and is there anyway to service this? *Yes and yes*

I had it all apart, installed a new seal, and installed missing fiber washers. Also, lightly seated the reluctor ring onto the distributor shaft with a shocket and hammer. It was all tight until I started the engine. Now there is again side to side and up and down play but with much less in and out play (moved in/out ~2mm before servicing).

Any info is appreciated

Last edited:
Back