• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvobrage's widened 242

Have been cleaning up a lot at home. To much car parts and things laying around. The Amazon have left to a new owner:(To much work left on the 242, and when its "finished" I have a lot of upgrades I want to do and use it and take care of it.

Got the last air vent on place in the dashboard:)

"Small" mistake with the angle grinder:p Lucky its fiberglass and not carbon.

Did some small thing I have postponed for a long time. Removed all the mounts on the catch tank. Will make new ones, more group a look alike.

Removed the nipple plate on the intake. Some pores there that turned out to be a hole also.

And finished grinding after removing the gas valves.

And a new project for the car, to be continued..

Dismountet alot of Things, the radiator Mount looks kind of wierd when its empty:lol:

Cardboard first.

Then metal:)Needs some small adjustment here.

Welded the plates together:)

Tested the Box one last time before I started cutting in the car.

Cutted and the Mount spotted again. Tested the Box again after this.

Welded trim holes on these frontfenders. Needs some rustwork as well.

Enjoying the view in the time outs:p

A good friend of me bought a New car recently. He came by to have the exhaustmount welded. Awesome car!

Finish Welding, some grinding left.

Spotted.

90 degrees bended on the inside, gave alot of strenght to the rear plate:)

Welded and grinded!

And both sides ready!

Found this at the local scrapyard:)

Bought the hole front except the grill that was Garbage.

The headlight Mounts where in awesome condition!

Rele for the 850/V70 cooling fan and choke cover up piece for the dash.

Got some H4 contacts on ebay, make New cables ofcourse.

And a small windshield washer pump from Subaru:)

Tested the New front, will use this one since its in much better condition than the one I had.

Needs some adjusting, but will look more at this later. The frontfender needs the corner fixed also.

The filterbox tested one last time:)For now:p

Fully welded the Mounts for Electric plate, also the one Mount in the car.

Welded the Mounts for the ADR pipes. The pipe will stay on the Mount and two strips on each side will hold it.

Have started on a cooling water tank also:)

Have sold the old gearbox, but the guy who welded this did a bad job. So fixed everything berfore I will ship it. Not welded on the inside.

And two open holes here?!

Finished Welding:)

Bought this old electrode heating closet(?:p) I will use for powdercoating my own parts:)Adjustable thermostat from 50 to 300 celsius. Its 50cm deep, 70cm high and 750cm wide inside, so alot of Space for Wheels and suspension parts!!

And the New TIG machine have arrived!

First test whent really well:)This is the fillerneck for the windshield washer tank:)

Spotted one of the side wall while I was TIGing.

Up to date now for the first time in some years:p Will try to update more frequently when I am working on the car from now:)

Thanks for the Nice comment!! Been a while since I have updated this thread. The Project was more or less on hold for a while. But the last Three monts alot of Things have happend!!
No idea why photobucket are still showing my Pictures. Havent payed them anything and are not using them to upload Pictures anymore.
On VCCN I use a local uploading site. Thats why I havent updatet here, doesnt have any way to do it right now:(

I measured the arms for the wattlink With this thing With a bobble in that you can adjust to a certain deegre. So I think they should be the same??Adjusted for the same angle and used it to make both arms.
But anyway, the wattlink is sold and the New Mount is cutted away. Decided to scrap it since the orginial Mount should be redone to make it 100% functional and since I want the car road legal in Norway. Strikt rules here...

And I have reinforced the New trailingarm Mounts With plates on the front:)That was the plan all along, just didnt have plate for it when I welded the Mounts.
Have Pictures of everything, but as you mentioned photobucket are *******s.

The Whole car(- the roof) has been blasted and primed also!!
I left the gearbox rewelding to a Professional so Im going to pick it up next week. Rentet a Place in a Nice garage + Some other stuff:)

Can't wait to see updates and to see the car on all 4 wheels :)

By the way I now see the axle isn't even level in the picture I posted so the horizontal lines and angles make no sense, sorry :)
Good to hear you fixed the plates.

Reinforced the trailingarm Mounts:) Before.

After.

Bought electrical Windows.

Welded in a pipe for the air intake. 4" stainless steel pipe:)

Moved the draining to the Wheel houses.

Bought some AN Connections to test what I need in the different Places.

240 meters of different kables:)

Airhose for the heater.

Lids for different tanks.

AN8 Welding Connections in black steel and aluminium.

Hose for the heater.

Some aluparts for different Things.

Firewall Connection for the heater.

Bought this for testing, very cheap on Biltema.

Tested the AN Connection, think they will look great if everything turns out as I want:)

Made a pipe for the airfilter Box, will not be welded before I have tested it With a turbo mounted.

Got some parts for the electrical system.

More parts for electrical system.

Welded the last to AN Connections on the fuel surge tank. Just need a New Mount now.

Alot of Pictures of small Things, but Ill post them anyway!:p

Contacts so I can remove the wiring for the rear lights from the trunk.

Pins for the Bosch Connectors.
568.jpg
[/URL

Connectors for the instrument panel.

MAP sensor.

Contact for the MAP sensor.

Some spareparts.

Last edited:

2,8mm contacts for the instrument panel.

New intake, will build this a little different than the old one.

Took the bearing out of the gearbox, but didnt get everything out. Will work a little more on this to clean it up.

got some more parts!

AEM exhaust gauge.

Flanges for the intake. A 10mm for custom intake and two 8mm for the orginial intake.

Will weld this in the roll Cage for fastening the belts.

A friends Project, it will be awesome!! It will be Powered by a 1,8 Audi turbo engine.

Decided to blast the car myself. That didnt go as planned:p But got a hole lot of Things done.
Got some Wheels on the rotaisse.
dbtgallery.php

Nice to live on a farm when youre working on tractors!
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Two holes appeard in the floor after blasting.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Back