• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

10/6/2018 - Mid Atlantic Volvo Club Meet @ Vintage Automobile Museum of NJ

89_740Turbo

67e0.png

Dave and I launched our new club called the Mid Atlantic Volvo Club. It started out as Volvo Club of NJ but we decided to change it as we wanted to open it up to a wider audience.

We had our first meet not too long ago and we understand it was short notice. Hopefully this time, there is ample notice.

The Vintage Automobile Museum of New Jersey has been gracious enough to host our club for a wonderful meet on October 6th, 2018. It was original planned for the 13th but due to schedule conflictions, we had to change it. The Vintage Automobile Museum is a 2200 square foot museum featuring an array of historic cars, starting in 1990 and dating all the way back to 1900. Each car has a story behind it and what life was like at the time The VAM of NJ is a 501 c3 non profit organization, so the goal/purpose of this meet is to fundraise on behalf of the club and its' participants. Each participant is asked to bring a suggested amount of $10 but any amount will suffice. All money raised will be directly donated to the museum as a thank you to what they are doing which is preserving the history of these cars.

The meet begins at 10Am and goes all day. Participants will arrive at the museum. BRING AMPLE SNACKS, FOOD, DRINKS AND CHAIRS IF YOU WANT TO HANG OUT! It's right on the water so it will be very nice. Tours will be given of the museum as well. This is a great opportunity for a family outing if you have children. It's educational and fun. After the museum closes at 4pm, those who are left and want to will all head over together to Jenkinson's Boardwalk for a evening full of fun, food, rides and games to end the day.

Current Sponsors: IPDUSA, FCPEuro, Advanced Auto Parts, Swedish Car Parts and various other businessess

NO RSVP FOR TURBOBRICKS MEMBERS

TB users can also RSVP in this thread. Dave and I hope to see a great turnout and hope to see you all there.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

Mid Atlantic Volvo Club has a new sponsor for the meet! Swedish Car Parts. They are offering a discount on all their products plus free shipping to all attendees and TB members. Plus they will be donating some p1800, 240 and 740 stuff like lights. Those will be raffled off.

We really are looking for some TB members to show up! Come on guys

UPDATE

Hey everyone. I know TB has yet to have any responses for the event, but I'm going to post the update here anyway.

FCPEuro, SwedishCarParts, Advanced Auto Parts and a number of other local businesses have hoped on board to become sponsors of our event.

FCP will be donating gift cards and other things. Swedish Car Parts will be donating 240 wagons and sedan lights and tail lights as well as 740 wagon and sedan tail lights and head lights among other things. Whats really cool is they are also donating some customized lighting to be raffled off as well.

Aside from that, we have gift cards, gift baskets, gift certificates and more which everyone will have a chance at winning. First arrivals will get swag on behalf of FCPEuro and Swedish Car Parts too.

Ive been working non stop putting this together and Id love to get some TB members to show up please!

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Hello everyone. As you can see, there is an important update. The meet had to change locations (not fat at all) due to some construction the Museum had to do which was imperative. The meet has changed locations but that's it.

As a thank you to everyone, MAVC and the museum have worked together and will allow the opportunity for our members and attendees to put their own Volvo into the museum on display! Yup! You can have the chance to put your Volvo into the museum for thousands and thousands of people to see.

If there are any questions, please contact me! Other than the location, nothing else has changed!

But how will you get home? :) Glad I checked this thread today because I thought the event was this weekend. It's on my calendar for next Saturday.

Just looked at the location today and met a few of the folks that run the place. It's a nice workshop and storage area for the main museum and has plenty of room.
It's an easy ride from my area which is close to Philly. Come on by tomorrow!

Back