• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Why does 88 740 B230F make good HP???

No what i'm saying is the k cam reduces you dynamic compression due to closing the intake valve later in the compression stroke compared to your m cam. Which is why people lose low end torque/power compared to the cars that had ignition timing curves for the k cam stock. The increased advance builds pressure in the cyl sooner

Why do you keep double posting? Did you look at the thread posted above by 244ti to advance/retard the timing of the EZK system?

I have a B cam laying around... if you want to take it for a few weeks to see how you like it... you're welcome to. Then, if you want something more ballsy, get a K.

It's if 3.1 can adapt to it which it likely can't as it won't have enough timing advance build cyl pressure to be really useful. The other one with lh2.2 you could advance the timing and be good to go.
I do not understand the above then. I might be a little dense this morning What did you mean when you stated "It's if 3.1 can adapt to which it likely can't" That's what made me think K cam to "big" for 3.1. Please clarify this point. I'm not quite getting it. Can 3.1 adjust timing for K cam or not?

I'm talking about comparing the 2 cars to each other.Not saying they are fast compared to other cars. Please read the posts. Thanks for the ignition timing info though.I'll check that out!

So, 3.1 and K cam don't mix,without modification to 3.1, is that correct? Anyway to change advance in dizzy on 3.1, or computer does it all? I have not looked at dizzy yet.

No nitroboie, I missed that, Thanks! After reading it, I have no idea what exactly it's talking about though I do pick up it's to do with adv & ret. timing. Rest is confusing. I do not know what # my computer is, I only know it's 3.1car, and 2fast242gt had to tell me that.:roll: Guess it's time to look at my ECU.huh? This may get more involved than I'm ready for right now. Bilsteins just arrived via UPS:) I'm not up on all this ECU stuff like you guys.

Last edited:
Back