• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Rear washer hose routing through firewall

Fa182

Stage 1
My rear washer is not working on my 945 and I found the hose ripped off in the engine compartment.
No problem there but I can't figure out where the hose should go through the firewall? I looked far and wide but no idea.
There is only one grommet (see below) but no hose seems to be going through there, only wires. The two rubber nipples left and right are attached to the grommet itself, so I don't think they have anything to do with the hose?

Anyone knows where the hose is supposed to go through? Help!

Attachments

• Photo 21.04.18, 19 40 34.jpg
    Photo 21.04.18, 19 40 34.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 54
Not sure about on the 7 or 9 but on the 2 series theres a tube tucked in by the strut tower that has a rubber cone cap on it that you can use to pass through. It's there for the cruise control vac lines iirc.

Thanks Evo, still no luck in locating the other end of this part of the hose that comes from the pump.
This was routed through the cable duct that is attached to the passenger strut tower and I just can't find where it continues through the firewall.
Anyone?

Attachments

• Photo 21.04.18, 19 40 52.jpg
    Photo 21.04.18, 19 40 52.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 47
Hmm... we need someone else to post that knows the 7/9s.

I was trying to find a pic of what I was describing but no luck.

Are you sure it doesn't run under?

Appreciate your help!

I was trying to feel a hose under that frame but there is only a connector there (the white clip that's visible).

Does the hose even pass through the firewall?

No that's what I meant... maybe it runs under the car? (This seems odd to me but like... it's better than running it over the roof?)

Also... you can always just drill a dang hole or...?

I am pretty sure it runs though the door sills, as it comes out from down there in the passenger side cargo area.

Sure, I can drill a hole but there has to be one somewhere already :lol:

I am pretty sure it runs though the door sills, as it comes out from down there in the passenger side cargo area.

Sure, I can drill a hole but there has to be one somewhere already :lol:

Yup - it runs along the bottom of the door sills on the passenger side. You have to remove the B pillar trim before you can remove the floor trim, but you?ll find the hose under there - you could probably trace it up to the firewall from the inside.

or pump water through from her rear and watch for the water? was my idea...though I took all my washr hose for vac line in a pinch :/ oh well who needs sprayers

Thanks guys, I'll trace the line over the weekend when I have more time.

Pretty much - my rear wiper is seizing up and the sprayer isn?t getting liquid. I?ll fix it one if these days, but I?m doing okay without it...

Yeah it's not that big of a deal, but probably unlike Cali or TX, our country loves spraying tons of salt everywhere during the winter and I hate not seeing out of the rear window being all salty.

Thanks guys, I'll trace the line over the weekend when I have more time.

Yeah it's not that big of a deal, but probably unlike Cali or TX, our country loves spraying tons of salt everywhere during the winter and I hate not seeing out of the rear window being all salty.

Not much salt here, but it?s the dust and pollen that kills me, especially in a wagon. Two days of driving and the dust is so thick on the back I could write an essay in it and turn submit it to college :p

I just get a damp cloth every few days if I can - I?m tempted to buy a (new) squeegee from Chevron as they seem to have the nicest ones.

Or I could just grease the wiper like I?m supposed to and fix the hose like you?re doing... don?t forget to take apart the linkage where it goes through the glass and grease it - it?s supposed to be done every two years and if yours is like mine, it?s never been done before...

Haha, using a squeegee instead of the wiper, nifty.

don?t forget to take apart the linkage where it goes through the glass and grease it - it?s supposed to be done every two years and if yours is like mine, it?s never been done before...

I just recently cleaned the wiper linkage and spring because it was a bit seized up, all it took was a bit of WD40. Like new!

Back