• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 turned into tire burning machine. Modular 4.6l Cobra engine swap. Pics inside!

Thank you guys for your comments!
Staying n/a for now at least, but 5.0 stroker internals + 15psi would be nice! :oogle:

I know the later 4.6 "terminator" motor can take lots of power. But I guess the downfall of the 5.0 is the block itself......so it takes boost well?

I know the later 4.6 "terminator" motor can take lots of power. But I guess the downfall of the 5.0 is the block itself......so it takes boost well?

Actually the older 93-99 teskid block aluminum blocks are stronger than the terminator block, it "is" the same block but inn 2000 (i think I rembember correctly) ford produced them with less matterial = thinner walls, to save on costs. I was not talking about the ugly old 5.0 motor. You can get a stroker crank for the 4.6l engine that adds displacement to 5 liter. All forged of course, so it loves boost. Thats the way to go! :nod:

When Ford starting using 4.6L 4V motors in '93 they used an aluminum block cast in Italy made by Teksid, hence the reference to Teksid blocks. Later on in the 4 valve model run, 2001 to be exact, Ford changed the design of the block to a lighter-weight (80.40 lbs) casting utilizing SAE 319 modified alloy. This block is known as the WAP block which is short for Windsor Aluminum Plant. JoiOK very cool build btw!!

Actually the older 93-99 teskid block aluminum blocks are stronger than the terminator block, it "is" the same block but inn 2000 (i think I rembember correctly) ford produced them with less matterial = thinner walls, to save on costs. I was not talking about the ugly old 5.0 motor. You can get a stroker crank for the 4.6l engine that adds displacement to 5 liter. All forged of course, so it loves boost. Thats the way to go! :nod:

The 03-04 Terminator block is cast iron. Far stronger than any aluminum block.

When Ford starting using 4.6L 4V motors in '93 they used an aluminum block cast in Italy made by Teksid, hence the reference to Teksid blocks. Later on in the 4 valve model run, 2001 to be exact, Ford changed the design of the block to a lighter-weight (80.40 lbs) casting utilizing SAE 319 modified alloy. This block is known as the WAP block which is short for Windsor Aluminum Plant. JoiOK very cool build btw!!

thank you, exactly what I was trying to say... :oops:

The 03-04 Terminator block is cast iron. Far stronger than any aluminum block.

I stand corrected. But there have been many arguements about which is stronger, the 93-up aluminum or the 03-04 iron block. I have no clue since I dont have any experience with either one, and I think it really doesn't matter much until you?r getting close to 4 digit hp numbers. But the aluminium block is 30kg lighter.

And talking about weight, rough calculations say that this modular motor/transmission combo is only about 60-70kg heavier than the original. thats pretty good i think.

For the 03-04 terminators they went with a cast iron block, not the aluminum one the previous cobras had. And you'd have to build a nice cowl on the hood to fit a super charger as that bad boy adds some nice height :)

Edit: just noticed someone beat me to the cast iron punch a few posts up...sorry!

probably no one here on turbobricks will reach the point where they'll have to switch from aluminum block to the cast iron block

Back