• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My '79 242GT build

BRAD_242GT

Well it's about time I posted a thread about my Gt, It's a '79 b23e M46 which I purchased about 6 years ago from a mate who was going to scrap it. So $250 later and it was mine :)

As you can see it wasn't in the the best condition, but for the price I couldn't complain, it had no windscreen due to the bonnet flying up and taking it out along with the hinges and some damage to the roof, and the paint was toast but it was straight and rust free.

As for the running gear it didn't run, the headgasket had failed so I had the head reconditioned, it's a 405 with a H cam which now lives in the shed. I found a running 740T m47 here in the for sale section, it had a bulit 940 b230ft squirter block with 9.1:1 pistons, garrett 2860rs and custom turbo manifold. So road trip from Adelaide to Melbourne to pick it up, (800km) paid the money and drove it home. Stripped the 740 of all the usefull parts and scrapped the shell. So much for just getting the b23 going! ;-)

So I'll list where it's up to now, Couldn't be bothered writing a novel.

*b230ft swap
*Lh2.2 Ezk 117
*850 thermo fan and relay
*91+ power steering pump and rack
*91+ A/C system and 4spd Blower fan
*91+ front windscreen and rear screen rubber
*81+ plastic bumpers with Black GLE trim (I belive these are turbo trims in the states?)
*740 Turbo rims for now
*Restored R-sport cluster and steering wheel
*recovered the crash pad
*Fixed back bucket seats
*new carpet
*new paint and stripe kit
*reconditiond clutch master and slave cylinder

So It runs now but it still needs a lot of little jobs done before I can register it. :)

Pics of when I bought It.

At the crash shop!

Dare I ask why you didn't swap to the 1981+ guards if you're going to fit 1981+ bumpers?
So you can put it back to original if you want?

Is good 242GT! :)

I prefer the early fronts plus I wanted to keep it looking like a GT as much as possible. The commandos are in the shed.
the rubbers and the trim above them were in pretty bad shape. But I could go back the them if I wanted too.

Back