• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Polyurethane Steering Linkage Bushings

apico500

Has anyone used the Polyurethane Steering Linkage Bushings for 142 from IPD? Someone told me that the poly can be slippery and that the pins can work their way out.

Manual steering 140's use an intermediate shaft between the steering box and the column that has 4 bushings. The shaft is designed so that the pins in the center of 2 of the bushings will slip out and prevent the steering wheel from impaling the driver in a front end collision. The bushings go bad over time and Volvo never sold them separately, you had to buy the whole shaft section. Sadly, it's NLA so your only option is to install polyurethane replacements.

steering-shaft-lower-140-nla-nla.jpeg

fullsize_1037.jpg

There was, short-term, but due to seriously low demand, Superpro stopped offering it last I heard. I have one of the prototypes in my 140. Looks like it's still up on the website though. I'll ping my rep, see if it is still available.

Honestly, my suggestion for that spot, grab one of the bronze, greasable bushings on ebay for about $75, never have to worry about it again as long as you grease it every once in a blue moon.

Back