• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Not another 240 project

Kris was good enough to clean & degrease my driveshaft when he finished with the U-joints so I painted it gold before I installed it. Why the hell not?

Got a pair of tires mounted. They are Ventus HR II for the front.

Stripped the rattle can black off the hood.

Took the hood off the car & laid down some primer using off the shelf Dupli-color paint shop products.

I finished it with the same brand off the shelf silver then clear coat. The paint is nowhere near close to matching the rest of the car. At best it's a good 30 footer but it's better than the rattle can black.

1" Adapters showed up.

Adapters are on torqued. Wheels are on - 18x7.5 Tritons.

Car is on the ground for the first time in 3+ months.

Fired it up to go outside for some quick photos. It stalled at first, I fired it up again. It stalled again. Crawled out of the car to find this.

Car is back up on jack stands again. At least now I have a better idea of where it's dumping the oil from. I'm 90% sure it's one of the oil cooler hoses. The oil was sprayed out the driver's side a good 3 feet on the floor. So glad I had epoxy put down as soon as I moved in.

Garage floor was degreased & scrubbed. I'll pull the oil cooler this week. I have an a 10 row Mocal aftermarket one I've always wanted to install.

Im so excited that you are back into playing with this car. I still think after you iron out a few details it could be a decent daily driver, then you could proceed with your bucket list of cars :lol:

no need to DD something boring ;-P

It's the same as my old 245 (Tritons + old front end). But yours looks much nicer than mine.
ringw.jpg

After tracing the leak to a failed oil cooler line I pulled the oil cooler 2 weeks ago.

I was finally able to make a run to the hose shop we use at work this morning. I had them convert the oddball metric fittings to a standard hose end. I also went up into the attic & dug out a 10-row Mocal oil cooler I've had for probably 15+ years now. They put some 90 degree ends on the top of the new oil cooler with swivel fittings on both ends.

I'm going to mount it in front of the intercooler after I make some mounting tabs for the core support.

I may as well shop for a better intercooler while I have everything apart.

I played it safe on the spacers. I probably could have gone +5mm more in the rear, but I didn't want to mess with fender trimming/rolling. I think they're 25mm all around.

Glad to see that you are making progress with the wagon, I absolutely love what you have done with it.

Oil cooler is mounted with new lines and no leaks. Engine is back together & running. I'm going to need some help getting the timing/idle dialed in. the car should be back on the ground tomorrow and ready for Cars & Coffee net Saturday.

I can't wait to see pictures of this thing back out and about.

Faith and I still need to come visit you guys. maybe this winter sometime?

10645317_10203027663114167_304210852790990385_n.jpg

Went to a car show this morning at Pep Boys. It sucks having the only wagon there, but I had fun. They had 2 pulls on the dyno for $40, so why not. I've never dyno'd the car before.

138hp & 163 torque. Had a couple muscle-heads laugh at the numbers until I told them the car had almost 300k miles. They stopped laughing after that.

klr142 - the engine is pretty much stock at this point, B21FT on LH2.2 with a garrett AR.42

I was all set to list these up for sale tonight until I measured them.

The IPD bar on the back of my wagon right now is a 21mm.

Other than that I've been cleaning up the wiring under the hood. I ordered a 3 sizes of braided split wire loom to start a partial wire tuck. Walbro 255 fuel pump is on the way (thanks Sol_Turbo_Love) as well as some LEDs for the gauges and cluster.

The bar in the back of your car is likely a 22mm one, IPD didn't make 21mm bars, to my knowledge, as that was stock for the turbo sedans. Also, I personally would recommend leaving the 22mm bar on the car as it's prone to lifting the inside rear tire and spinning it even more with a larger bar on it. If you don't really drive the car at the limit too much and/or try to squirt out of low speed corners quickly, then it isn't as big of a deal and will make the car more flat at higher speeds. It'll also be more likely to oversteer, which may or may not be an issue for you. Traction in low grip and uneven road situations will be a little worse, as well.

Sounds about right for the engine setup, then! Good deal.

Back