• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 Dyno expectations, tuning tips?

Flycut/sand the flanges flat?
It shouldn't leak, welding it to the manifold is a terrible idea.

Flycut/sand the flanges flat?
It shouldn't leak, welding it to the manifold is a terrible idea.

No no, not the turbine housing to the manifold. But a much thicker (and standard pattern) T4 flange. I like this 11cm2 housing. I wonder if the 16cm might be better.

Use thicker flanges? Are you saying that the welds of the flange itself are bad and causing leaks, or that by virtue of being very thin, the flanges are just prone to leak?

So it's not leaking between the turbo and the exhaust manifold? But through the flange itself? Like, not where the gasket should go?

I'm confused.

I think it is leaking from between the manifold T4 flange to the turbine housing, because of the crap thin flange is probably warped to heck.

Brett, If you don't want to scab a better flange onto the header you could try one of these.
http://catalog.remflex.com/Turbo_Gaskets_p/18-018.htm

still waiting on Terry @ the dyno to finish setting up in his new building.

Found some other little issues. It's pulling cleanly now and I think I can plunk down for a little more time and maybe 360 or 370 wheel at 15 psi before I pull it all apart here after the 18th.

Last edited:
Back