• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rare Volvo parts that you have!

While looking for some rear end stuff to sell I ran across this Competition Service stage IV clutch disc. Now I have to see if I can find the pressure plate that goes with it.

StageIVClutch552146.1.jpg

StageIVClutch552146.2.jpg

Aha! I found the pressure plate and throw out bearing that goes with the stage IV disc. This kit was listed in the Competition Service catalog and the R-Sport catalog because it will fit B20 and B21 -'78 with M40/41 or M45/6 course spline input shaft trans. Clamping force is claimed to be 80% higher than stock @ 1600-1750 lbs. The pressure plate comes with a rub plate for a throw out bearing that must be removed before use. You can see it in the last pic from a Swedish R-Sport catalog.

R-SportClutch.2.jpg

R-SportClutch.3.jpg

R-SportClutch.jpg

R-SportClutch.1.jpg

I've never seen GLT in this font until I got this in the mailbox. I also never heard of a pre 86 GLT 740/760

B66684FD-34EE-4CCB-9BA6-2465FFBE5856_zpsrvnimqoc.jpg

Could it have been off of a 240 or 360 GLT? Where did it come from R?da and that might give us a bit more of a clue knowing Volvo's random nomenclature at times for different markets...

Aha! I found the pressure plate and throw out bearing that goes with the stage IV disc. This kit was listed in the Competition Service catalog and the R-Sport catalog because it will fit B20 and B21 -'78 with M40/41 or M45/6 course spline input shaft trans. Clamping force is claimed to be 80% higher than stock @ 1600-1750 lbs. The pressure plate comes with a rub plate for a throw out bearing that must be removed before use. You can see it in the last pic from a Swedish R-Sport catalog.

R-SportClutch.2.jpg

R-SportClutch.3.jpg

R-SportClutch.jpg

R-SportClutch.1.jpg

That is awesome. It must be an amazing feeling to go in the back room and pull that stuff out.

Could it have been off of a 240 or 360 GLT? Where did it come from R?da and that might give us a bit more of a clue knowing Volvo's random nomenclature at times for different markets...

AFAIK the only cars that have that style letters are 740/760 82-85. I bought it from swedish ebay. Didn't say what car is was for.

This is what google comes up with, hard to tell if it's a GLT badge. I've never heard of this model, but volvo has some strange things going on some times.
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C449659

I've seen that on the 85, I beleive, 740 turbo diesel sedan.... Here in the US, guy I knew bought one new back in the day........

Yeah I'd thought about scanning at least the small decal. But I'm not sure how one would get them reproduced at a reasonable cost.

Yeah I'd thought about scanning at least the small decal. But I'm not sure how one would get them reproduced at a reasonable cost.

I sent some rare stickers to Dave Barton as well, he repro'd them and gave me a nice discount on some other stuff I ordered from him. Great guy!

Got this yesterday..

6md1.jpg

q2vk.jpg

A big pile of original installation manuals, 240/740/760/diesel/343. All in mint condition.

Turbo installation, A/C, cruisecontrol, 240 Amplifier, 240 E-fan, engine heaters, tow hitch looms, radio's etc. I think it's about 100 manuals. Me gusta!

last weekend i traded some 7-series brake pads for an original Volvo heater control valve upgrade kit for my 240. dunno how rare it is though.

Back