• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

nipple on 240 left side intercooler pipe?

erichobart

Hi,

I installed a 1984 OEM intercooler on my 1981 242t. There's a nipple on the left side intercooler pipe that I plugged. Where should the vacuum line from that nipple go?

Thanks.

Hmmm ... don't think I have that type solenoid ... I'm shooting for continuous top boost. Do you think there's any performance gains with that type solenoid? I'm just now starting to tinker with adjusting boost.

Thanks.

That is the place where the boost signal goes to the wastegate on a turbo 240. It would go to the bypass solenoid if you had one but you don't so it goes directly to your manual boost controller or to the wastegate actuator if you aren't using a mbc.

Thanks dl242gt.

Don't have an MBC yet ... taking my time before I start monkeying with boost increase. Still have to get ATF and calibrated boost gauges. There is no line now, so I'll take a look and see if I can run one to the manual boost controller or the wastegate actuator.

Total newb on tweaking boost, so I'm taking it slow while I learn. Don't want to blow up my sturdy 81 2-door turbo. Almost to 0 level upgrades on suspension, steering, etc. And I found a Bertone interior, which dresses it up pretty nice.

Best,
Eric

OK, next newbie question. Which VDO 52mm boost gauge and ATF gauge works and looks best in a 1981 turbo dash?

Thanks.

I use the 52mm VDO vision gauges with the green boot on the bulbs. They look very stock. You mean air fuel ratio? I have an LM1 so I don't know what to suggest for that. But you are doing it right by taking your time. Because clutch.

hi dl242gt,

I just received my VDO vision black gauge. I was surprised to see that it has a single screw-in connector, where the old unit has plug-ins for electrical input. Did you buy an adapter for yours? And if so, where did you get it, and what part number?

Thanks,
Eric

Back