• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sheila got lowered today :]

Freq

lowered-1.jpg

lowered-3.jpg

Large and in charge mother****er!

lowered-2.jpg

no-springs.jpg

The back wheels with no springs lifted with the floor jack. Oh a boy can dream. :lol:

None of the side shots came out very good since I couldn't back up very far for the pictures. I'll get her washed up tomorrow and try to get some better shots. 2 coils off the front, 2.5 on the back. If you decide to cut your springs and you're having a hard time getting the top half put back together pull on the top, it will come out so you can screw the nut on! The car drives so much nicer now! Granted bumps are now a lot more jolting, but the car feels lower, and the steering feels tighter. I've fallen in love with the ol' gal all over again.

looks good! any plans on fixing that terrible terrible dent?

Nope!

Seriously, this is going to be a project car for my autobody internship. Eventually I'll be doing an engine swap with a car with a good body. The frame is bent so there's no use, really. :grrr:

Looks good, but you need to take better pics man, can't really see how low that really is.

How many coils did you cut at the front? I'd say you might want to go about .5-1 inch lower at the front.

Looks good, but you need to take better pics man, can't really see how low that really is.

How many coils did you cut at the front? I'd say you might want to go about .5-1 inch lower at the front.

Yeah. I was taking pictures on a lookout in Seattle and there was a major road right behind me so I couldn't get any side shots where the whole car was in the picture.

wheel-height.jpg

That's the back. The front is maybe .25 or .5" higher, but I don't think the springs have settled all the way. I can't fix it for at least a month or so, so I'll just have to deal. :)

ride-height.jpg

Some idea of the ride height.

Duuuuuuuuuuude buy a not ****ed up 700GL for 200 bucks on craigslist and start clean! Don't have to worry about the dent.

Duuuuuuuuuuude buy a not ****ed up 700GL for 200 bucks on craigslist and start clean! Don't have to worry about the dent.

I'm getting an internship at an auto body shop. I *need* a denty car to practice on! :p

And I do plan on getting a "new" 740 on CL eventually. I need to get the GT running proper and pimped out, then I'll worry about Sheila. She's also my track car, so if she gets slapped by cones or whatever then boo hoo.

Edit: Should add her before (truck) and after (car) picture:
white-coronas.jpg

Track car? Yowza... look out for that beast! LOL.

I must give it you ya brotha' you got spirit.

What part of Tacoma are you in, I've NEVER seen you driving. I drive a lot too.

I need to change that; I live in Seattle now. When I was in Tacoma it was completely stock and for a little while I had the grill blacked out in the middle. I didn't do anything crazy until I moved up here.

I went to the Rush concert a while ago and the guy I parked behind looks at my car then looks up at me (sitting on my roof) and goes "Do you live in Seattle?" Turns out he lives somewhere near me and sees me driving around. Apparently it's "common" to paint a Norwegian flag on your hood around here. :wtf:

I need to change that; I live in Seattle now. When I was in Tacoma it was completely stock and for a little while I had the grill blacked out in the middle. I didn't do anything crazy until I moved up here.

I went to the Rush concert a while ago and the guy I parked behind looks at my car then looks up at me (sitting on my roof) and goes "Do you live in Seattle?" Turns out he lives somewhere near me and sees me driving around. Apparently it's "common" to paint a Norwegian flag on your hood around here. :wtf:

Thats a Swedish flag. Norwegian is far different.

Back