• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 headrest cushion

this doesn't seem like a performance item... BUT... I found mine on eBay and in the junkyard.

- R

hell yah this is performance, what else is going to keep your head from being ripped from your shoulders when subjected to the g's created by a stock 240.

They are old volvo accessory covers for the 75-85 200's. They were once available at the dealer in a ton of different materials and colours to match all the interiors.
Your best bet for finding them now is finding a set at a swap meet, online classifieds, or getting very lucky in a junkyard. They do pop up on ebay sometimes. The blue velour type are fairly common, as are the black leather and vinyl ones. Some of the rarer interiors are really hard to find. I've been looking for a set of silver velour/black vinyl front headrest pads for the 81 GLT interior for seven years.

A good upholstery shop could easily make you a new pair, but matching the material can be very hit or miss. They are just seat fabric wrapped over a foam pad and plastic insert, not terribly complicated.

86+ 240's use the same pads as the 700/900's do (with the curved headrests), those are a bit more common than the early ones.

They are old volvo accessory covers for the 75-85 200's. They were once available at the dealer in a ton of different materials and colours to match all the interiors.
Your best bet for finding them now is finding a set at a swap meet, online classifieds, or getting very lucky in a junkyard. They do pop up on ebay sometimes. The blue velour type are fairly common, as are the black leather and vinyl ones. Some of the rarer interiors are really hard to find. I've been looking for a set of silver velour/black vinyl front headrest pads for the 81 GLT interior for seven years.

A good upholstery shop could easily make you a new pair, but matching the material can be very hit or miss. They are just seat fabric wrapped over a foam pad and plastic insert, not terribly complicated.

86+ 240's use the same pads as the 700/900's do (with the curved headrests), those are a bit more common than the early ones.

Thanks for reply, luckily i've the common blue velour interior. Anyone got 2 to sell me? That silver interior is cool...

Back