• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New guy here. New to Volvos.

80series

Im a Toyota guy, but ive had my eye on these bricks for a while now. My Land Cruiser is my baby and my serious offroad toy. With that being said, i'm REALLY wanting a wagon to lift a little and make into a FS road exploring, comfortable camping/ occasional driver. I've been doing a lot of reading about 2/7/9 wagons and cant really seem to find one that is favorable over the other for my intended use. I think they all look great with a little lift and a bigger tire. I'm definitely wanting a locker/LSD of some sort coming from an offroad background. Does anyone have any comments as to why one "series" would be better than the other? I look forward to finding a decent specimen to begin with, but i am pretty handy with a wrench and a welder, so busting some knuckles doesn't bother me one bit!

Last edited:
Both wagon models have been made into trail runner off roaders. I think you'll be able to find them in the projects forum or maybe showroom. Happy shopping.

i think the best one has been done using a 940 turbo, but the guy spent way too much money on real suspension parts to a real tb'r. he goes by @jessecoss on instagram and he has great knowledge on the off road stuff. i have had a few conversations with him and i'd recommend reaching out if you're serious. because a land cruiser is so capable you may have the wrong perception of what a lifted volvo is capable of and he could tell you and show you what to actually expect. def go turbo with tall tires, and def don't get anything with rust to start with. good luck and please share your results!

sugga_004.jpg

I still sort of regret not bidding on a Sugga in GA or NC. On eBay about 15-ish years ago. Already here in the US. It wasn't running, a little bit of a project. Some extra body parts. And most intriguing, instead of the normal wheezy old side valve (half-flat head) inline 6, it had a B36. The V8 that the B18 was designed as half of. How many were made with B36 engines? Not a clue, I'd never seen one before. Perhaps it wasn't 'factory'.

But yeah... I really have absolutely no use for a Sugga. I wouldn't beat it up in the woods. I wouldn't take road trips in it. I probably wouldn't even drive it much for fear of wearing out unobtanium parts.

Back