• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Air suspension?

LC4CARL

Aero challenged
Why don't we see more air ride Volvos? The cost would be about the same as a short strut coil over package. On the road you get proper wheel travel, ground clearance and suspension alignment. At the show it's in weeds.

I get where you're coming from, Carl. But I think it's the fact that there's less time and money invested in the coil over set-ups that are available. Who knows....I want some low for my car, but my Wife's is going uuuuup.

Why don't we see more air ride Volvos? The cost would be about the same as a short strut coil over package. On the road you get proper wheel travel, ground clearance and suspension alignment. At the show it's in weeds.

Do it...shows are very important to everybody.

Just bear in mind that pressure doubles every time the volume halves..The spring rate is therefore incredibly progressive and extremely difficult to set..

Depends if you just want lows or handling.

That much different, eh?

Never been a "proponent" of air, just trying to keep an open mind to good solutions. My father-in-law put it on the back of his pick-up for the camper. It was pretty slick. Kept her nice and level with a heavy load.

i assume because there's no $174.99 ebay kit for these cars :wiggle:

I wish. LOL. I was day-dreaming on Ben's site and came up in the low $2k range for a short-strut, coil-over kit. Mr Brown said he was almost at $2k for his air set up. Are there other options?

Those kits are garbage. I've installed them. I've even owned one. They're horrible. The fit and finish is meh. Air leaks no matter what. Bags are terrible. Shocks are noodly pieces that are nauseating. Trust me, they should sell right beside the $200 eBay turbo kits for the same price.

Thank you for the insider info. I never wanted or dealt with one. Just found ready solution for the OP.

I think I found it:

hqdefault.jpg

Just thought is was worth exploring.

Back