• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

BEAM PATTERN shots of my JW Speaker 8800 Evolution 2 Headlamps

Richelieu

As requested, here are some shots of the beam pattern at my friend's warehouse where we aimed the JW Speaker 8800 Evolution 2 Headlamps on my 84 245 with the help of his laser - both low and high beams - at 25 feet, as per instructions which can be found here: https://www.jwspeaker.com/wp-conten...-model-8800-evolution-2-instruction-sheet.pdf
Low Beams at 25 ft.:
48175935071_23cf887e7f_h.jpg

Low beam pattern up close:
48175936621_679845c86a_h.jpg

High Beams at 25 ft.:
48176128642_10acd4548c_h.jpg

High Beams up close:
48176130522_d8fd96d19b_h.jpg

Bonus- Lows in the parking lot, then High in the parking lot. Glad the white van was empty.:cool:
48175933591_e2a5151b5b_h.jpg

48175999547_7541fd5547_h.jpg

Lows, then Highs on the floor of the warehouse:
48176004897_f6358232be_h.jpg

48175927926_9b77f08910_h.jpg

Seems like someone finally recreated the proper H4/H1 beam pattern in an LED headlamp module... Not bad.

Seems like someone finally recreated the proper H4/H1 beam pattern in an LED headlamp module... Not bad.

Agree- that is the best pattern I have seen from an led.

My question for the OP: With the ~$800 investment you have riding on the front of your car, what have you done to protect them from rock hits etc?

Money well spent. Lighting is one area where any older car can really benefit from a safety standpoint.

Wow, those are really bright and a nice beam pattern. For comparison, here are old pictures from my '85 with Hella H1/H4 Ecode housings (replaceable bulbs instead of sealed beams).

Ecode-spider-eyes.jpg

H1 low beams
Ecode-spider-eyes-H1-low-beam.jpg

H1+H4 high beams (may have a bulb going out, or a poor ground on the right?)
Ecode-spider-eyes-H1-H4-hi-beam.jpg

Talk with us about pricing -- I perused their website -- looks like about a grand for all 4. Is that about right?

Around $900 through Amazon Prime, which is how I purchased them. They are pricey, but I will say that they live up to what they promise. You may find them cheaper from another vendor and conversely, they may be listed for more through someone else. It all depends on who is selling them. I have seen several variations.

There is a warranty with them, though. Check the video at Headlight Revolution for a very helpful review that explains a great deal of the tech here: https://youtu.be/qXysfwpJ6CY

And these go in without fuss replacing the standard quad rectangulars - and just accept the standard plug?

Absolutely - only difference was that with the high beams, the polarity was reversed with the JW Speaker lights. Literally, it took 3 minutes to install the lights themselves. Most of the work involved aiming them properly.

My high and low beams share a ground -- so did you have to run a separate ground for the high beams in order to reverse the polarity?

Confusing to me....

Maybe - when you say high beam, you mean the inside light, the dedicated high beam, 2-wire plug? Not the high beam filament on the outside, 3-wire plug...

Confusing to me....

Maybe - when you say high beam, you mean the inside light, the dedicated high beam, 2-wire plug? Not the high beam filament on the outside, 3-wire plug...

Sorry to be unclear. Yes - that is exactly what I was saying. The dedicated inboard high beam 2 wire plug is the one on which I had to reverse the 2 wires. Tiny bit of work. No fuss.

Around $900 through Amazon Prime, which is how I purchased them. They are pricey, but I will say that they live up to what they promise. You may find them cheaper from another vendor and conversely, they may be listed for more through someone else. It all depends on who is selling them. I have seen several variations.

There is a warranty with them, though. Check the video at Headlight Revolution for a very helpful review that explains a great deal of the tech here: https://youtu.be/qXysfwpJ6CY

Impressive beam patterns.

Do these have glass lenses? Many of JW Speaker's products specify polycarbonate lenses, but this product doesn't say. (Nor did I find any mention of it in the video you referenced.) You'd think by now that all automakers and aftermarket would have learned their lessons about plastic lens longevity.

Not sure if they treat warranties differently depending on the product. On their product page ([url]www.jwspeaker.com/products)[/URL] you'll see many items with a bright red "Buy Now" button. But you'll also see many with a gray "Find your local dealer" button. Click on any one of those gray buttons and it pops up a Dealer Locator ([url]www.jwspeaker.com/dealers)[/URL] which immediately says in very large bright red type, "Attention: Any products purchased from Amazon or eBay will NOT be covered under warranty." Hmmm.

Back