• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Porsche Cayenne brakes on a 240? Sure

I was guilty of skimming your post, did not read.

you made and designed them.

I have been trying to decide which way to go with my brakes.

Do you think this will fit under borbet type-e's?
16 x 7.5, 20mm et at the moment.

Typing on my phone on the train, excuse the brevity.
As towery said, they will most definitely not. 17s are a min.

Why aren't they painted a gaudy bright red?
I'm sorry I let you down.
Almost certainly no way they would fit under 16"s. Not without a smaller diameter rotor.
Or stock 240 brakes
Awesomeness!!!

Random question: Does your spare tire still fit onto the car?

Good question, it will not. I've got a random 17" volvo wheel on the way. I'll have to get one spacer made. :rofl: But it's just about the same price in the end as a S60R spare. I'd rather have the full size spare.

Excellent work! I like the tip for retaining the rear parking brake. I was looking at a couple options for brakes for the '77 when I get to serious wrenching on it, and that just might suit my needs.

Whole set-up looks great.

pac_man_advanced-56005.jpeg

Nom.

Amazing! How did you figure out what master cylinder to use for adequate brake performance? I'm going to assume a lot of math was involved?

Amazing! How did you figure out what master cylinder to use for adequate brake performance? I'm going to assume a lot of math was involved?

Here's a link to a pretty convenient calculator. Pretty sure Homer used at least some of it. As far as brake system calcs go it's fairly rudimentary but should be good enough for most people. As usual with these types of things it's garbage in=garbage out so you need to be sure the numbers you are entering are correct, or at least close.

http://www.jakelatham.com/radical/info/brake_calculators.shtml

Here's a link to a pretty convenient calculator. Pretty sure Homer used at least some of it. As far as brake system calcs go it's fairly rudimentary but should be good enough for most people. As usual with these types of things it's garbage in=garbage out so you need to be sure the numbers you are entering are correct, or at least close.

http://www.jakelatham.com/radical/info/brake_calculators.shtml

You're rudimentary.
But yeah that's the gist of it.

It'll prob be sometime in mid-late august.
I checked with a 16" Mas Italy President I had sitting around and they will not clear.

The rear brake setup I'm interested are they standard 240 rear discs with the disc part cut off .i have porsche rear brakes and being trying to figuire out how to keep the rear handbrake working .it would be good to know the info so I can fit mine .

Back