• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

Hi
This forum seem to be place for to ask about LH 2.4 questions.
I ve just bought me a Moates Ostrich and got some XDFs and BINs from a friend
I am no software expert but had changed in the tables and in the parametersettinggs for the lambdaregulation...
I am trying to achieve an increased accelereration fuel enichment but after all readjustment and up and downloading,
my files to chips/proms and the emulator the engine error light has become active.

If I change my "faulty" 984 to an 962 the error light gets disabled but when putting the 984 back it gets active again.
Even if I use the original 984 xdf and bin

Thanks in advance
I suspect the changes have corrupted the checksum( I imagine) and on IPDOWN I ve been looking at
"lh24_editor edition 2.zip"
"LHCSum.dll"
But I get warning signs of SPAM when trying to downoad them and I havent had a response of my emails to mrjaybeeze....
Is there another way to get hold on thoose programs...
I am using Tunerpro..

Hi

Just checked the files on the site and nothing wrong there :-)

Must be your anti-virus being over eager or something.

Everytime you change ( even only one setting ) you need to save the bin in Tunerpro before uploading to the LH to make sure it is corrected regarding checksum by the auto checksum feature in Tunerpro. This of course after you have installed the dll.file and activated the function.

YS
Jaybee

P.S. I check my e-mail at best once a week so fast responses are not my strong side.

mrjaybeeze thanks
I was hoping for that answer a friend gave me the same responding answer....
thank you once again
with best regards
the brick

Hi
were do I find EZK -219 xdf and bin files is it supposedly to be comparable with -207 as I read somewhere...
Ive used linuxmans xdf and bin from IPdown
The reason to my question I cant get my ostrich to acquisite (activate yellow marker)as it does on my fuelboxes..
Even if I save an parameter adjustment and upload it
I have no reaction towards the engine..
Either wrong adress or I am missing something..

Last edited:
Hi

Due to the odd EZK layout with four identical bin files on the same chip I am sure the problem is that your XDF is not set up to adress the area where the chip is actually in use.

Example:

If a table is found at adress 1Cxx then the same equicvalent will start over again at 3Cxx and 5Cxx and 7Cxx.
Meaning you will have to expand the XDF to cover all four files to find the one in actual use.

YS
Jaybee

Thanks
I will try that on my way home from work this afternoon...
The funny thin is that I tried to upload several different 219 bins(supposed to be)
One of them showed 30 degrees ignition at idle rpms and the other 15 degrees.
After upload went through theres no respond in the sound of the engine at idle.
When I a couple of years ago used a aftermarket system and did similar things the engine noise changed with the ignition retardation changing of the parameters.
But I will try once again on my way home...
I have a setup were 1C50(I believe).. 3... 5... 7... is in different folders, on top of that there is 2 other folders(edit and calculated that I ve created).
I found (I believe) that 2 hexadresses backwards I can adjust the scaling of the "editable map" ("calculated map" rev range is changed in tunerpro and not linked).

Dont know if it is workin in reality or if I just rearrange the graphical view...
In the fuel maps you will find a similar pattern of 2 adresses backwards were a 1*16 table exist. And by changing bytes in that table the RPM scale gets extended towards higher RPMs... Done the same in the load table 1-128 to 4-244 and then I didnt reach the end of load map while revving at standstill... Since that was working graphically I continued in the same manner in the other tables...

I have no clue but it is fun says the idiot(me)

hello, can someone give me advice. My 740 setup is B230F + T, 13T 7cm, 350cc injectors, 016amm, 3" dp/exhaust, 984lh /148ezk, with 967bin. Dyno'ed at 0.85bar / 197hp/335nm
Question: That value set to Torq signal to ezk adjuster for my NA + T ??

Ebay eprom programmers

I want to be able to create a chip so I don't need the ostrich always in my passenger footwell. and I can tweak ezk tables with my edited fuel tables.

What cheap eprom programmers do you use? I'm looking at this one but I'm worried about the driver situation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-KEE-Wi...758605?hash=item43e0a59c0d:g:ea0AAOSwdU1W8qF4

I have a computer with a parallel port and I'd like to use that

I need a little help. 1991 940 turbo do88 silicone hoses, 15g turbo V70r injectors(not installed yet) lh 2.4 ecu#563. I just got ostrich 2.0 and tuner pro. I'm having trouble finding a bin to match my ecu. Ive tried the bin from ipdown.net (great site) and its not working(maybe its me). when I unzip the file it isn't a .bin file so it wont work with the .xdf it comes with. Both .bin files for a #560 ecu from tunerpro.net and ipdown.net were able to start the car but it could barely idle.

Is there another source for .bin/.xdf files?
Is there another ecu .bin that could start the car? I tried a bunch and the fuel pump wouldn't prime.
Could I get another ecu and .bin file to match that ecu? I found 93 940T at the upull. Not sure if another ecu would be compatible with my car. Still in the process of searching and reading. I know this is where to find the gurus. thanks in advance

I need a little help. 1991 940 turbo do88 silicone hoses, 15g turbo V70r injectors(not installed yet) lh 2.4 ecu#563. I just got ostrich 2.0 and tuner pro. I'm having trouble finding a bin to match my ecu. Ive tried the bin from ipdown.net (great site) and its not working(maybe its me). when I unzip the file it isn't a .bin file so it wont work with the .xdf it comes with. Both .bin files for a #560 ecu from tunerpro.net and ipdown.net were able to start the car but it could barely idle.

Is there another source for .bin/.xdf files?
Is there another ecu .bin that could start the car? I tried a bunch and the fuel pump wouldn't prime.
Could I get another ecu and .bin file to match that ecu? I found 93 940T at the upull. Not sure if another ecu would be compatible with my car. Still in the process of searching and reading. I know this is where to find the gurus. thanks in advance

Hi

Please remember that this ECU is first generation and amongst the oldest out there.

The XDF and BIN file should work OK on your ECU, just remember to UNZIP the Bin file before attempting to use it.

YS
Jaybee

Hi

Please remember that this ECU is first generation and amongst the oldest out there.

The XDF and BIN file should work OK on your ECU, just remember to UNZIP the Bin file before attempting to use it.

YS
Jaybee

Unzipping the .bin file is where I run into the issue. The file did not end in .zip, it came up as a text document. It would not unzip. The rest of the files I tried ended in .zip, unzipped no issue and were able to be viewed and loaded to ostrich from tuner pro. I will try again and again.

Would there be any gain in purchasing a newer ECU? Thanks for your help

hi

That seems weird...
I do use 7zip to open it and no issues whatsoever since 7z does not care what file extension it has.
You could try that or mail me at my username @hotmail.com and I can send you the unzipped version.

YS
Jaybee

That seems weird...
I do use 7zip to open it and no issues whatsoever since 7z does not care what file extension it has.
You could try that or mail me at my username @hotmail.com and I can send you the unzipped version.

YS
Jaybee

7zip got it working. I was using winzip and it was not working for that particular bin for whatever reason. Thanks

Last edited:
hi, jetronic.info is a white page :)

i need a EZK 219 xdf and a bin to test if maybe something else is defective.. car wont start.

Does somebody have it and could mail me the files?

Is there a way to patch out/disable EGR in my 207 EZK, or should I just flash the 148 ezk bin to my 207?

I want to get rid of the damn check engine light

Is there a way to patch out/disable EGR in my 207 EZK, or should I just flash the 148 ezk bin to my 207?

I want to get rid of the damn check engine light

either RIP thread or no one likes me :-(

I just put a 148 turbo ezk bin on my new 146 ezk and it runs mint. I'm holding off on the 207 for now.

I started dumping all the bins of the ecus/ezks I've obtained over time. All of them have the same md5 as the ones uploaded by others... except for my 951 fuel ecu. I know it was mentioned it was an odd one as it was a 240 ecu with stripped down components but mine has slightly different post-crank enrichment tables than the one provided on ipdown/jetronic wiki pages.

When the 951 is flashed to a 954 bin it won't start my car nor will the fuel pumps prime. Others in this thread say it should work but ill have a CEL. I'm going to try a 950 bin on it tonight.

edit: 950 didn't work. it only works with the original bin or the public 951 bin.

Last edited:
Help!

Hi there,

I'm currently rebuilding my 1990 740T (B230ft) and as things tend to do, it has become a lot more involved than expected. One of which is the fact that the turbo appears to be too far gone to be rebuild-able. As you may know, the TD04-13C turbos are hard to source and are expensive. I remember a few years ago seeing an ECU upgrade for turbo red-blocks on IPD's website and was looking for it as I've now come across your posts here on turbobricks. If possible, I'd like to modestly upgrade my turbo but know that I may not be able to be successful with my stock LH 2.4 system. I am quite familiar with tuning standalone ecus as I've been playing with my turbo charged Miata for many years. My Volvo is my daily driver, so I don't want it to be too crazy but am very interested in what you have to offer. I just got my stock injectors flow-matched so hopefully I can stay with them. Your post has blown-up to 80+ pages now so it isn't feasible to sift through it all to figure out if you can for sure help me or not. Please let me know your opinion as to where to go from here.

Thank you SO much!

Back