• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone run the full Kaplhenke 240 brace with ABS?

muppetman342

Having too much fun
Maybe Ben can chime in on this himself too, says the ABS MC reservoir won't fit. Does a non-ABS reservoir fit right onto an ABS MC? Says on the site that the brace would have to be modified to fit, what would have to be modified on the brace to make it fit?

I talked with Ben about this very issue just a couple of weeks ago on the phone. He said there is one short tube that must be clearanced to give space for the ABS-type fluid reservoir. My thinking was that I'd order the brace once he's got them back in stock (they may be now), notch the tube as required, and weld in a closure plate before painting/ coating the bar. I believe it would be a very simple modification, and Ben's comments on it seem to confirm that. Hope this helps.

I talked with Ben about this very issue just a couple of weeks ago on the phone. He said there is one short tube that must be clearanced to give space for the ABS-type fluid reservoir. My thinking was that I'd order the brace once he's got them back in stock (they may be now), notch the tube as required, and weld in a closure plate before painting/ coating the bar. I believe it would be a very simple modification, and Ben's comments on it seem to confirm that. Hope this helps.

Hnnggghh I just feel strange about buying a $330, nicely made piece to cut a piece out and weld my own garbage on.

Anyone tried this with the SN95 mustang master?

Also curious about this, don't want to block future upgrade paths.

Brian (twofast242gt) runs the full brace with the SN95 Master. He runs remote reservoirs. You can find pics on his build thread.

Brian (twofast242gt) runs the full brace with the SN95 Master. He runs remote reservoirs. You can find pics on his build thread.

Thanks; had to fight with PB for a bit, but got it eventually.

Looks about like what I imagined; have been trying to find a remote adapter for the SN95 master with no joy. Sadly the thread's closed and I guess he's moved on?

Brian (twofast242gt) runs the full brace with the SN95 Master. He runs remote reservoirs.

The universe is a funny place, it seems. The 240 non-ABS reservoir fits into the SN95 master almost like it was designed to go there. Can't warrant that it doesn't leak, yet, but it looks and feels pretty snug.

I am tempted to make a special version of the full brace to accommodate bulky master cyl reservoirs... Sucks adding additional parts to inventory though.

The universe is a funny place, it seems. The 240 non-ABS reservoir fits into the SN95 master almost like it was designed to go there. Can't warrant that it doesn't leak, yet, but it looks and feels pretty snug.

Went through this over the weekend. It does leak due to the fact that the 240 res. goes too deep into the mustang seals. I spaced the res. up with 2 4x11mm o rings and its perfect! Fits under bens brace, but just barley.
kIer6mxm.png

Last edited:
Went through this over the weekend. It does leak due to the fact that the 240 res. goes too deep into the mustang seals. I spaced the res. up with 2 4x11mm o rings and its perfect! Fits under bens brace, but just barley.

Thats great knowledge. Thanks Fam

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/6fScAIQR0P0xW" width="379" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/dancing-dance-star-wars-6fScAIQR0P0xW">via GIPHY</a></p>

The regular reservoir also fits the ABS master cyl. The big question is the level sensor, I looked at potentially fitting the 850 cap to it because it is built in but i think it needs to be modified to work.

I pulled the seals from the SN95 master and had a good look. The Mustang reservoir spigots are actually longer and thicker so they seal on the shank.

But I was thinking along the same lines - an O-ring or two should be all it takes. Thanks for testing for us!

Back