• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Texas240 was 16v but now LM7 5.3L

Today I found out that the oil pan on my LM7 does not come out when the engine is in the car. No matter how far you drop the front cross member and jack the engine up its just never going to happen.

Yeah I tried to do that when changing the oil pump out. Why are you trying to remove it?

I had/have an oil leak near the starter that I was trying to track down. I ended up just wiping down both surfaces and the gasket and torqued to spec but I feel like the skinny long bolts on the back have stripped the threads in the block even thought it says torque to around 106lbs.

Any one having issues with those two bolts?

When I went to put the front and rear covers on my L33, everywhere I'd read said to put sealant at those bottom edge corners; haven't had any leaks. Seemed like a good idea.

No leaks on the front yet. Well, I haven't run it yet since the pans been back on so I can always drop it a little bit and finger some pookie on those corners and where the covers meet the pan.

This all starts tomorrow after my wife and I go to one of the local asian stores with free $50 in store credit to purchase and check it out and write a review. The perks of being married to a chef.

Any updates? I was around your neighborhood today and kept my eyes peeled for the 245 but I've yet to see or hear it :-(

Its around. Ive been driving about 2 weeks out of the month and swap between that and the prius when I'm not grabbing larger than 8' of lumber

Car sold on BAT this afternoon. Headed to Colorado Springs when the new owner flies in to drive it home. Will leave this open for a little while. Look for a new build thread some time soon.

You could almost make money LS swapping Volvo's at that pricing.

(assuming you value your own time at $0.17 an hour)

Back