• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Canadian 1984 244 DL B21A/B6304 project log.

I've caved. I wasn't going to boost it, but I get bored...

All the +T/T6 swaps here have ended up using fancy schmancy tubular manifolds and other such stuff...but mine will just be a simple, old-school log manifold. I hope to be able to use a 'big' 16G TD05 I have here, since the 5cyls get away with TD04-based stuff. I pulled a T6 head at the scrappers today, so I can bolt everything down when I weld it. I never want to do that again...what a pain in the a**. S80s are truly awful cars.

I took two 5cyl NA manifolds, cut the runners off, and took three from each one. Doing a three/three gives it a bit of expansion room for heat, if that's an issue. It's probably better than doing a 5+1 anyway.

tSYcOkN2_o.jpg

What is the static compression ratio of your inline 6 whiteblock? Do they have knock sensors? Just wondering how much boost it will tolerate and if your ECU will be able to pull timing as the boost climbs?

According to the greenbooks, it's 10.7:1. I've boosted high compression engines before, but I'll just be a bit more careful with this one. I'm not running the knock sensors with the megasquirt, but I do have water/meth injection in the car already. I put it in with the B21+T, so that will definitely help keep it together. I'm not really too worried, but those might be famous last words ;).

2019!

Holiday hiatus is over, and work begins on some new/unneeded mods!

Might be converting to Speeduino, for the hell of it.

fC2pH04n_o.jpg

Sold my Lincoln 140 110v MIG and replaced it with a 200 amp, 220v 'Hitbox MIG 200'. Pure chinesium, but it seems to work really well. This will allow me to finish my manifold, since the little 140 just couldn't hack it.

qO8qIV06_o.jpg

QUvBjh9F_o.jpg

If I keep telling myself I'm not boosting my car, I'll stop collecting parts, right?

-S80T injectors (the usual orange turbo ones)
-Homemade log manifold
-Oil sandwich plate for oil feed
-trans temp gauge (ok, that's not a turbo part)
-10' of 10AN line and a bunch of fittings

Not in the picture is the turbo, oil scavenge pump, and PWM controller to extend the duty cycle to infinity. If I get lazy and don't want to drill the block/pan with it in the car, I'll just return the oil to the oil cap and call it a day. I'm still looking for an S80T block though, and would much rather do it that way instead of +T'ing my NA B6.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, it's there on mine too. I don't want to take the engine out, and dropping the pan is also not a job I want to tackle, so I'm hesitant to do it in-car. I don't know if grease on the drill/tap would be enough to ensure swarf would stay off the crank. I don't plan to do anything now, but maybe I'll feel different when it's not -20*C all the time, lol. I don't really feel like dropping the subframe to get the pan off when the garage floor has ice on it :(.

If I can hold off until the warmer weather, blocks are $190 CDN at my local scrappers. I have to pull it though, so laziness level is a huge factor too.

Last edited:
Happy birthday to me!
The ampseal breakout boards I made for my speeduino conversion showed up today, and they actually seem to fit/work. They're the first boards I've ever designed, and while they may not be complex, I'm pretty happy with them :). Minimum quantity was 5, but it only cost me $26 CDN, shipped, so I'm not going to complain.

KkvOnxgb_o.jpg

I'm very excited to hear how things go with speeduino. Can't figure out how to get it to work with tunerstudio as of yet.

Oh yeah, it's there on mine too. I don't want to take the engine out, and dropping the pan is also not a job I want to tackle, so I'm hesitant to do it in-car. I don't know if grease on the drill/tap would be enough to ensure swarf would stay off the crank. I don't plan to do anything now, but maybe I'll feel different when it's not -20*C all the time, lol. I don't really feel like dropping the subframe to get the pan off when the garage floor has ice on it :(.

If I can hold off until the warmer weather, blocks are $190 CDN at my local scrappers. I have to pull it though, so laziness level is a huge factor too.

If you still want a block I have one in the garage I could bring up to Casselman next time I'm up to Moose Creek. It still has the crank and pistons in it but no head...

A B6284T block or B6304?
Either way, sure! :D Let me know what I'll owe you and I'll start sneaking money away from the financial manager ;).

I have a complete B6284t motor and a B6304 block. I'm not sure I want to part out with the B6284t though cause I was keeping it as a spare in case something goes wrong with my built block but for a price I could probably sell it and deliver it to you. I can always find another one. These are a pain in the ass to pull out let me tell you! :lol:

For the B6304 I'll PM you a price.

Picked up a spare B6304 block for activities! Thanks to poulrais, who seems to be hoarding good parts, and is willing to deliver ;).

jSR0MCP6_o.jpg

I am going to try to build this like a russian would...with as much pulled from the junkyard or reused from other cars as possible. All the pistons are 'D' code (all six! SCORE!), and I have an entire summer to pull pistons/rods from cars at my local scrappers, so if I can find enough 2.4/2.5 turbo 5cyl cars, I might be able to arrange a matching set of 'D' turbo pistons. It'll certainly keep me busy over the summer, which will help my car stay in one piece, lol.

Picked up a spare B6304 block for activities! Thanks to poulrais, who seems to be hoarding good parts, and is willing to deliver ;).

jSR0MCP6_o.jpg

I am going to try to build this like a russian would...with as much pulled from the junkyard or reused from other cars as possible. All the pistons are 'D' code (all six! SCORE!), and I have an entire summer to pull pistons/rods from cars at my local scrappers, so if I can find enough 2.4/2.5 turbo 5cyl cars, I might be able to arrange a matching set of 'D' turbo pistons. It'll certainly keep me busy over the summer, which will help my car stay in one piece, lol.

Glad this block will find a new life.

I had a set of B5244t pistons on the shelf for a long time but I threw them away last fall! :-(

Back