• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Quebec's first T6 swap (Maybe)

I'd probably start cutting with a cutoff wheel. As for the sealant, scrape what you can off with a sharpened putty knife or razor, then wire wheel or scotchbrite on a grinder.

Looking forward to seeing how that 6 cyl turns out.

Thanks for the tips! But that bonding stuff is hard as hell! I don't think I'll be able to scrape this off with a putty knife of a razor if I don't melt it first with a propane torch. I'll try with the heat gun first I think.

SO much work needs to be done before this will run. I have my Frankenstein intake with a guy who will tig weld the B6284t runners I cut from the original intake to a B6304 plenum. That plenum has a lot of volume and Lankku told me it should be good for my power goals.

WO9NtEE.jpg

Why weld? Just reuse the original idea of connecting the runners with rubber/silicone. Don't overcomplicate a working solution!

Why weld? Just reuse the original idea of connecting the runners with rubber/silicone. Don't overcomplicate a working solution!

A welded joint is much simpler than 12 hose clamp connections.

The T6 runners are oval and the B6034 ones are round. Sketchy as fawk. I don't want to have to watch for 6 silicon joints and 12 clamps that could go kaboom at 30 psi.

And it came out pretty good for $100:

0RGiUPs.jpg

Those couplers are useless. On my swap (into a 244), re-tightening all those clamps after removing the intake is a NIGHTMARE. There's no reason for them to be there, since they don't simplify anything. If anything, they raise the level of complexity. I'm thinking of having mine welded too.

Those couplers are useless. On my swap (into a 244), re-tightening all those clamps after removing the intake is a NIGHTMARE. There's no reason for them to be there, since they don't simplify anything. If anything, they raise the level of complexity. I'm thinking of having mine welded too.

I mean, they are probably ok for an NA application but they are useless on a high boost motor.

Cut the hole in the trunk today to install the subframe supports. It's amazing the horizontal rigidity that was lost by removing that piece of sheet metal. It's still pretty stiff vertically though. Now I have to figure out the placement of the subframe vs the body. I have to figure the travel of the control arms and clearances with the wheel wells. I want around 5 to 6 inches of suspension travel. 6 inches is going to be hard to get to.

I will find some references on the frame/underbody in order to align the subframe correctly.

gIAejWB.jpg

rEnuPmt.jpg

vPM5OwT.jpg

koXbwpZ.jpg

I have used stock couplers with RWD-manifolds. Never broken one yet. Though they have seen only 2.4bar/34.8psi max ;-)

Reinstalling the manifold takes only a couple minutes with regular hose clamps. You have to use much more time with the manifold flange bolts. With T6 head and flange the lower bolts have better access so it's a bit easier. But as always, hopefully that doesn't have to be done too often anyways.

I finally bought my turbo:

Borg Warner S369 SXE .91AR, HX40 exhaust housing flange, T4. Less than 1000 miles on it.

YtzZM6I.jpg

Hell yeah, cant wait to see the IRS finished.

Makes a world of difference

Have you ridden your's yet?

These days I'm mainly working on the motocross bikes so I can go riding on the track but the motivation for the T6 Volvo 740 project is coming back pretty hard.

Maybe I missed out on something? But why are you not using the standard T6 manifold? They really are great.
Much better than this piece of crap with all elbows and bends and stuff... If you need one I have one extra...

I'm putting a T6 in my 164 but even there the T6 manifold is a fit.

volvo-s80-tr-ts-2-8-t6-24v-b6284t-inlaatspruitstuk-2000-8627359-volvo.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe I missed out on something? But why are you not using the standard T6 manifold? They really are great.
Much better than this piece of crap with all elbows and bends and stuff... If you need one I have one extra...

I'm putting a T6 in my 164 but even there the T6 manifold is a fit.

volvo-s80-tr-ts-2-8-t6-24v-b6284t-inlaatspruitstuk-2000-8627359-volvo.jpg

My understanding is that the plenum doesn't have enough volume and may cause leaning some cylinders. I'm using a modified 3L NA intake for now because of a tight budget but my goal in the near future is to have a custom intake made with a front facing throttle body.

Very interesting indeed, where did you get this information? Do you know untill how many HP it will properly flow?

I know that it is a modified 3.0L N/A intake but I really don't like the thing.

edit: I think I even threw my 3.0 N/A intake with the scrap metal...

edit 2: Did you check out ali/ebay for M50 6 cilinder plenum manifolds to modify?

Very interesting indeed, where did you get this information? Do you know untill how many HP it will properly flow?

I know that it is a modified 3.0L N/A intake but I really don't like the thing.

edit: I think I even threw my 3.0 N/A intake with the scrap metal...

edit 2: Did you check out ali/ebay for M50 6 cilinder plenum manifolds to modify?

I believe that the stock T6 plenum is good for around 500 hp to the crank. I'm going for around 800 whp.

I'm with you with the looks but I'll go with function before looks for now.

Yes I checked modifiable plenums on EBay. 2JZ and BMW. It might be the route I'll follow if modifying them isn't more work than making one from scratch. Josh from Yoshifab told me some time ago thathe could make one or sell a weldable kit if there is enough interest. I would have to check with him if it's still in the air.

Lankku pointed me to the use of the 3L NA plenum as it's what he has on his build.

Have you ridden your's yet?

These days I'm mainly working on the motocross bikes so I can go riding on the track but the motivation for the T6 Volvo 740 project is coming back pretty hard.

Its been running for about a year, I have done 5-6 drift events with it and the car is an animal

Dislocated shoulder while riding the motocross and I sold my 370z Nismo. So tomorrow I'm getting back into getting this car running as soon as I can! Starting with building the support to hold the S14 subframe.

Gonna have to cut at least half the length of that driveshaft or use the flanges and have a custom one built.

XTYgd7R.jpg

hHjTttO.jpg

Beam temporarely welded between the 2 frame rails

17NpiyU.jpg

Got me a nice 2JZ intake manifold. Going to modify it for the T6. The runners are almost identically placed than for the B6284t ones.

EfLxugn.jpg

Primary and secondary hole for the fuel injectors

Tdg9iq4.jpg

Nice runners

BrRCJs3.jpg

Back