• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

Hmmm, I wonder whether I could build a spyker-like shifter mechanism. I find having the pivot point so far forward of the shifter grip rather uncomfortable.

What laser cutter are you using? We've got a Full Spectrum cheap chinese thing that we use all day everyday for proto. It's awesome.
We also just got a HandiBot that we're going to play around with.

Epilog Zing24. It's by far my favorite tool in the shop!

The handibot's are pretty cool! I actually have a small Shopbot that's setup for doing me neck profiles.

Oooh! An exposed linkage like that, anodized to match the interior would be sexy:

shifter.jpg

again.

I have enough projects to worry about on this one, the shifter being 1" forward is like number 3032508271 below "do I have enough zipties" and above "does this seat make me look fat".

Honnie you great in that seat but does this dress make my cankles look big?

The shifter ends up coming straight out of the middle of the shift box, vs the very back on a ford T5.

Im thinking it'd be almost perfect..... but you're fairly tall, having it further forwards would probably fit you better.

Love the progress, and the quality of this build. Excellent as always, Doug.

doug, tall?
40468297.jpg

40468301.jpg

lawwwwl. Doug is many things, but he's not tall. (he's not exactly a midget either, but he sneaks those thick soles into his shoes to help himself out)

again.

I have enough projects to worry about on this one, the shifter being 1" forward is like number 3032508271 below "do I have enough zipties" and above "does this seat make me look fat".

Dude, it's all for poops and giggles! You will see the logic behind my mad obsession. You will see.

lawwwwl. Doug is many things, but he's not tall. (he's not exactly a midget either, but he sneaks those thick soles into his shoes to help himself out)

Everyone is tall relative to Patrick/DaytonAE86. :lol: (love ya dude!)

I'm really excited to see this build coming together-the interior is going to be amazing.

What about Kenny popping up in the ny times

I was in that article too ;)

Well, I think v2.5 is going to be on the money. I forgot to adjust for material thickness on the upright brackets so they are 3mm further towards the rear than where its cut on the slider portion. Easy fix tomorrow and then we *should* be in business.

Otherwise they bolted to the car side perfectly.

155956061.jpg

155956062.jpg

(this one is a little tricky because you can't get a straight shot on it with a rachet for the most part)
155956063.jpg

155956064.jpg

Tomorrow the studs should show up and then I can bolt everything together with v2.5 slider rail. Otherwise should be on the money. Really love how the pieces jigsawed together, never done anything like that before.

That's the best part. Its integrated into the seat back already. After using the latch system its really hard to go back to anything else.

Nice only had one car like that......but it was my wife's Mini so I don't miss it and all the problems associated with it. lol.

I forget what car had it, but are you going to integrate some sort of audio jack in the back so you can use your car/hauler as a guitar amp? You could just plug in and give a demo.

I really dig this build. I know he's probably mellowed a bit, but knowing Doug we'll get some good flogging videos upon completion.

Back