• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Do 240's look silly with no bumpers?

Diet plan:

To delete: A/C compressor, evaporator (maybe), PS pump (install manual rack), roof rack, spare tire (can of fix a flat), brake booster (maybe / swap to manual cylinder), rear muffler for side exit glass pack.

Made a clean spot...

002-M.jpg

007-M.jpg

008-M.jpg

Do 240's look silly with no bumpers?

Diet plan:

To delete: A/C compressor, evaporator (maybe), PS pump (install manual rack), roof rack, spare tire (can of fix a flat), brake booster (maybe / swap to manual cylinder), rear muffler for side exit glass pack.

Yes they do.

Keep the spare, it's not worth running without it.

Dump the ac. Don't need it in the pnw.

Keep the power rack, just get the non ac bracket.

Manual brakes suck. They didn't do them in 240s anyway. If you want a smaller booster, get a skinny one.

Do yourself a favor and put an A or B cam in.

Yes they do.

Keep the spare, it's not worth running without it.

Dump the ac. Don't need it in the pnw.

Keep the power rack, just get the non ac bracket.

Manual brakes suck. They didn't do them in 240s anyway. If you want a smaller booster, get a skinny one.

Do yourself a favor and put an A or B cam in.

Cool. Thanks!

Gave her its first bath. Got to clean the driveway with a shovel now.

It came to me with the PS belt off, so I'll have to see what's what.

Do these motors like to rev? Down the road: maybe cold air intake, cam and low restriction exhaust to start? They already have 9.8 to 1, correct? Not too shabby.

Spent $60 on adhesive remover and rubbing compound. Dropped the rocker mouldings and roof rack. Gave it a wash. Yuck. (Turbo wheels = PITA to clean.) Going to hit it with the polishing wheel and see how it looks. I'll put the roof rack back on once the roof is done.

010-M.jpg

011-M.jpg

007-M.jpg

Do they like to rev? In my experience, not particularly. N/A, they tend to run out of steam long before redline. With a good cam, and maybe an adjustable cam gear, you could alter the powerband to stick around until redline.

Do they mind revving? Absolutely not. I revved the absolute crap out of one once (carbed, points ignition, no rev limiter) and it totally didn't care. Valve float is a pretty solid possibility at/north of the redline though.

Cool. Thanks!

Gave her its first bath. Got to clean the driveway with a shovel now.

It came to me with the PS belt off, so I'll have to see what's what.

Do these motors like to rev? Down the road: maybe cold air intake, cam and low restriction exhaust to start? They already have 9.8 to 1, correct? Not too shabby.

Most cams are good mid range cams. You run out of intake and the efi is tuned for emissions and fuel economy. My high comp b23 is better, but going +t is really your best bet if you really want to spice things up. A good 2 1/2 inch exhaust makes it livelier as well. Finding a good header that isn't outrageously expensive is a challenge also.

Good info. I'll likely be going for a sporty sound (intake and exhaust) initially on the motor. Once the car is safe and reliable it would be a blast to go for speed. No experience with turbos, but it looks like fun. Driven a few OEM turbo cars (Celica All-Track, MR2, Supra, Grand National), very exciting vehicles.

Huge shout out to 77volvo245 for the sweet deal on parts yesterday. Picked up a front bumper with no collision damage and the cool air dam, a set of bronze bushings for the shifter, a 2" trailer hitch (so I can carry my dirt bike) and a manual steering rack. Way stoked!

Temp gauge hasn't worked. Or at least it moved only slightly.

Popped the thermostat housing and nobody was home. Filled the radiator, ran the motor and dumped a few times. 50/50 water and antifreeze. Now the gauge works. Idle is improved. With the oil warmed up, I went ahead and dumped that too.

And now I notice a whiff of steam from the dash vents. Damn.

$975 to date.

Last edited:
So you can adjust ride height, to some extent, with the threaded collar? But you still loose wheel travel with a drop, coil-over or otherwise? And they look really cool.

When I pop my struts off, what's the best way to cut the brake line mount tab? Or should I just open up the system and bleed it when done?

Back