• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

Well, the shell is still stuck at the strippers... I've been "2 days away" from being done for about 3 weeks now. LOL

In the mean time with some help from The Poi I worked out the T5/T5 adapter

154905139.jpg

(the green ring being the bellhousing side was before I verified that dimension this morning, it's much bigger than that).
154906857.jpg

154906856.jpg

Then mocked it up on my CNC. The bearing retainer and centering ring on the bellhousing side are just a hair looser than I'd like but an easy enough change. If there's any interest I can send the drawing off to Rodger-dee to have them made.

I picked this up from RSI a few months ago
154906917.jpg

154906918.jpg

Basically half finished T5 adapter. The ID for the bearing retainer is too tight but otherwise it's pretty good. Going to pass this off to a friend and let him finish it up for me.

Otherwise it's been pretty boring. Just been picking up parts where I can: Homers brake kit, ipd drop sways, these guys:
154906854.jpg

154906855.jpg

Those are the LMR T5 adapters. For the price, was better than fabbing something up myself. I have Jacob's car side adapters too which are now a bit superfluous.

I think this weekend I might start sorting through the crates of parts and start pulling out what I'd need to start the next stage:

If you are willing to send off all of your drawings and measurements for a T5-T5 adapter, that would be awesome to finally have this in production!

If you are willing to send off all of your drawings and measurements for a T5-T5 adapter, that would be awesome to finally have this in production!

I should probably double check mine once I wrap it up but I'm happy to do it. It would be really easy to mill, you can do all the steps from the bellhousing side (just remember to tap the T5 side from the other side of the plate). I drilled all the holes, milled the step then cut it to shape all at the same time on my (wood only sadly) CNC.

Haven't had a chance to bolt it up in a 240 yet but I may have a literal bolt-in crossmember for the T5 with the exception of about 5 minutes with a grinder and installing 2 riv nuts into the frame rails. It's slightly different than my 140 but that simply means I need 3 riv nuts instead of 2 (yes, T5 is in, needs another hour of time and it should be on the road). lol

We can discuss this weekend if you want. :)

Glad to see progress on the powertrain!

I'll snap some pic's tomorrow night when everything is installed. Clears the current exhaust setup with about 3/4" around it, plus it has clearance to run duals if you wanted. lol :)

Got word that I should be able to pick up the car monday! Had a bit of a free day today, probably the only free day till after the open house. When I stripped the car down I didn't really to do much organization, I just crated everything up I could and put the crates on top the lumber racks at the shop.

Today I pulled them down and started sorting stuff out. Then spent some time at the bead blaster and did the crossmember, control arms, firewall plates and a bunch of other little odds and ends. I didn't do everything, I figured I'd just work on stuff that'll be in needed during the engine bay mockup phase (next). Plus the tip on my blaster was pretty much worn out so it was slow progress.

154930081.jpg

(couldn't quite reach the ends of the crossmember in my blaster so I ended up doing those by hand after the picture)
154930082.jpg

154930083.jpg

154930084.jpg

Shot everything with 2k primer for now. I'm probably going to have to patch and shave quite a few holes in both panels (AC holes, wiring ones, some previous owner additions) so I didn't feel like using an epoxy primer for this. Just enough to seal up the surfaces for when I get to them next... in 6 months. LOL

Kind of a boring update... but gotta start somewhere.

Last edited:
Back