• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Post pics of your Volvo.

1.jpg

2.jpg

JPBturbo you need your boost gauge pointing about the same place in the other direction! Sweet pics though. And nice hiding place for your MS, mines been residing there for almost two years too.

John

The Aspirator said:
JPBturbo you need your boost gauge pointing about the same place in the other direction! Sweet pics though. And nice hiding place for your MS, mines been residing there for almost two years too.

John
Normally when I'm out driving they are both just under the 15 on the boost side of things.
I'm not too interested in going any higher then that since this is still the same old 10.3:1 engine.

jpbturbo said:
Normally when I'm out driving they are both just under the 15 on the boost side of things.
I'm not too interested in going any higher then that since this is still the same old 10.3:1 engine.
Oooooh, must be pretty speedy then... Have you dynoed it yet? Also, how come you have two boost guages?

klr142 said:
Oooooh, must be pretty speedy then...
It's been known to be kinda quick.
klr142 said:
Have you dynoed it yet?
Nope

klr142 said:
Also, how come you have two boost guages?
To measure the pressure difference across the IC.
The red one is hot side and the green one is cold mounted on the intake manifold which is why it's the only one showing vacuum.

I wasn't hurt at all. Well, I only had a scratch on my left hand. Nothing too serious. But I guess that's because I was drunk:oops: and because I didn't use my seatbelt. I wonderig, how would this accident end, if I would drive any other car...

VOLVOenthusiast said:
I wasn't hurt at all. Well, I only had a scratch on my left hand. Nothing too serious. But I guess that's because I was drunk:oops: and because I didn't use my seatbelt. I wonderig, how would this accident end, if I would drive any other car...

You should send in your story and pics to Volvo (but I wouldn't mention the 'drunk' part); glad to hear you didn't get hurt.
http://www.volvocars.us/_Tier2/Owners/Volvo_Saved_My_Life_Club_Photo_Album.htm

my first volvo, sitting 340 days a year in the garage, a '69 amazon
54.JPG

'68 142 when I got it
brick.JPG

my '81 244 Turbo when I found it
found.JPG

last one is the '73 164E ready to load to bring it to the next storage place
164.JPG

- This was my first Volvo, a '78 244; and my second was a '78 245. I know...school bus yellow. I wasn't really a fan of that color but both cars were great finds; low mileage, always garaged, shoebox full of maintenance records, etc.

- BTW, at what point are NOOBs permitted to post attachments?

jpbturbo said:
The red one is hot side and the green one is cold mounted on the intake manifold which is why it's the only one showing vacuum.
So I've wanted to know for a while now, is there pressure in the IC pipes at idle? Cause my open dump CBV blows out pretty hard at idle, so I've been curious about the pressure...

ikuisuusprojekti.jpg

There's my first turbo-volvo. It was very rusty and in a very bad condition over all . I do still have it though. It is also my very first project car. It's one of those projects, which take forever to get finished, if they even ever do get finished, that is. Every true 'bricker should have one...

red_volvo.jpg

Here's the red beast. Not really a beast now though, as it is engineless. One of my projects which might possibly get finished one day. It started life as an NA b200k-powered family car, but it is in the process of getting something a bit faster under it's hood.

P1080006.jpg

Here is my daily driver. High as a moose, it is. It's a 1990 with a b230f-engine.

turbo_in_turku_2005.jpg

Here's my true love. 1982 Volvo 244 turbo with b21et. She'll get something nice under the hood too when the time is right. Already has a Getrag 265 fitted. Here she has Virgos, but every now and then she can be spotted with 18" Team Dynamics.

Last edited:
ashvolvo said:
dec3.jpg

This is our current work in progress. its far from finished but its coming along well.
It's a 1993 240 wagon, B230FX and auto.

Hey Ash,

I'm in the process of painting my grill and trim. Did you paint yours or is that factory stuff? If you painted yours, have any notes on the experience you want to share?

The Aspirator said:
So I've wanted to know for a while now, is there pressure in the IC pipes at idle? Cause my open dump CBV blows out pretty hard at idle, so I've been curious about the pressure...
Not at idle.
In gear though the hotside pipe shows boost a lot of the time.
Usually just a couple of psi though, it's neat to watch the hotside come up right before the coldside does when I floor it.

jpbturbo said:
To measure the pressure difference across the IC.

Glad to see someone else into pressure drop.

For my IC, i chose to go with an electronic/digital differential pressure meter since i needed datalogging, and pressure drop is/was miniscule, so two gauges really would not have worked for my project. But thats a great way to just get a general reading.

Have you been able to get any visible differences using the two gauges?

I like the out of the ordinary stuff. But, you know that.

:)

Back