• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pre-Davis Autox 5/14/2011

i want to go soooooo bad!!! Im not ready to x but spectators and Volvo n00bs who are eager and passionate are welcome no? I want Volvo friends!!!!! I wont even be able to drive my little 242 out there i dont think :(

I guess since I am not going to get an answer, I'll just sign up.

About your Volvo: "'84 Volvo 242DL +t. It doesn't run, so I'll be driving my '06 Pontiac GTO"

Sorry, this will be limited to a Volvo only event due to the limited number of openings and track layout (will consider a Swedish cousin...Saab, if there is room). Still hope to see you there. We need numerous volunteers to make this work. Cone retrieval experts especially needed. Track layout will be more technical than speed due to lot size (90,000 sq.ft.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=38.563819,-121.308452&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=19&sll=38.563555,-121.308259&sspn=0.001302,0.001714&ie=UTF8&ll=38.563643,-121.30846&spn=0.001302,0.002736&t=h&z=19>

Mark

Sorry, this will be limited to a Volvo only event due to the limited number of openings and track layout (will consider a Swedish cousin...Saab, if there is room). Still hope to see you there. We need numerous volunteers to make this work. Cone retrieval experts especially needed. Track layout will be more technical than speed due to lot size (90,000 sq.ft.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=38.563819,-121.308452&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=19&sll=38.563555,-121.308259&sspn=0.001302,0.001714&ie=UTF8&ll=38.563643,-121.30846&spn=0.001302,0.002736&t=h&z=19>

Mark
Awesome, so I, a lifelong Volvo owner and enthusiast, and 7 year veteran of this forum, can't participate with my only running car, but I can still come and pick up cones! Not sure whether to be more insulted by that, the fact that you will let Slaabs participate, or your subtle underhanded implication that I can't handle a technical course...

Thanks. Pass.

Awesome, so I, a lifelong Volvo owner and enthusiast, and 7 year veteran of this forum, can't participate with my only running car, but I can still come and pick up cones! Not sure whether to be more insulted by that, the fact that you will let Slaabs participate, or your subtle underhanded implication that I can't handle a technical course...

Thanks. Pass.
Wanna drive one of my cars? There's the 745Ti, or the <strike>242</strike> yeeeah, the 745Ti. :rofl:

It isn't half the car your GTO is...but it'll still be fun. I mean that literally too, half the car. Well, a third the displacement, a third the power output, half the weight, twice the body roll!

...and by fun, I mean we'll have a midget resembling Herv? Villechaize sitting in the back seat slapping you around everytime you hit a cone.

nicknack.jpg

Yea you can drive mine too logan. I've seen up to 4 co drivers done before. They basically just run the cars back to back to back :lol:

I'd say it's OK to limit to Volvo-only and see if it fills, but I'm guessing there could be spots available for non-Volvo. Not like it will run under capacity just to keep out non-Volvo....right?

Someone's welcome to co-drive my 745, but you should know that it's not only stock ride height, but stock height plus IPD overloads in the rear, which makes it really drifty when empty, and it used to understeer badly. That said, i've minimized body roll and added bridgestone RE-01's and it still pushes on corners. Not sure if it understeers yet.

But, it should be fun. I still keep up with sports cars on cloverleaf freeway entrances.

Back