• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2018 East vs West Competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlard View Post
We have a few...off the top of my head that are semi-active):

Taro
Ansel

He ment active as in bro's he wanna race.. He don't wanna race me cause I'll lick him..

Next year, in a few hours, will be a new year! I will go faster then i ever did!

Here is a good look at gellster's wagon from behind.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rS0b2mH6zdk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
So...I have one question...

HOW THE HELL IS MY CAR THE FASTEST REDBLOCK ON THE ROSTER?!?!?!

It ain't the fastest for sure, it ain't really what I'd consider fast, and that time it wasn't running at full tilt.

Ya'll need to step it up peeps.

I posted my 115 mph time slip earlier in here, I guess the spreadsheet isn't updated. I also ran 117 mph, but apparently deleted the picture of that slip. But it doesn't really matter for the score since I can't get a good 60'.

only 5 slips for the east, kinda disappointing. maybe this year will be the year I get a redblock entry lmao

only 5 slips for the east, kinda disappointing. maybe this year will be the year I get a redblock entry lmao

It's intimidating to get into drag racing near me. The one time I ran a car, I caught a lot of grief because I was a noob. There's no instructions, lol, and I didn't grow up around cars. Burnouts in the water line, getting right on the sensors for the tree, trying to get a good launch with a clutch/launch control, etc. are new to me and weren't natural. People there expect you to be a pro, even when it's not busy. Obviously I didn't even try and run later in the evening when the faster cars started coming out. And, to top it all off, that is an eighth mile track. The closest quarter mile track is an hour and a half away or so. I've never been to it, but I'm sure it's equally as stressful.

I saved you a row on the leaderboard, give me some details... I saw the PM you sent me this year, but you sent me a picture of some timeslips from May 2017. That doesn't really count for 2018.

I posted my 115 mph time slip earlier in here, I guess the spreadsheet isn't updated. I also ran 117 mph, but apparently deleted the picture of that slip. But it doesn't really matter for the score since I can't get a good 60'.

Ahh man, everyone has to get through the first time jitters. We've all been there. Driving past the lights, launching on wet tires, etc. It just takes a couple tries and you will have it down. Do they have a test night at the track near you? There are some days that are better than others for beginners. Our local track is full of street cars and first timers on Wednesday nights. It is hosted by the local police department to get kids off the street and racing at the track...

It's intimidating to get into drag racing near me. The one time I ran a car, I caught a lot of grief because I was a noob. There's no instructions, lol, and I didn't grow up around cars. Burnouts in the water line, getting right on the sensors for the tree, trying to get a good launch with a clutch/launch control, etc. are new to me and weren't natural. People there expect you to be a pro, even when it's not busy. Obviously I didn't even try and run later in the evening when the faster cars started coming out. And, to top it all off, that is an eighth mile track. The closest quarter mile track is an hour and a half away or so. I've never been to it, but I'm sure it's equally as stressful.

So...I have one question...

HOW THE HELL IS MY CAR THE FASTEST REDBLOCK ON THE ROSTER?!?!?!

It ain't the fastest for sure, it ain't really what I'd consider fast, and that time it wasn't running at full tilt.

Ya'll need to step it up peeps.

And I had the slowest redblock on the board. :-( Damn I miss that 240. It was pretty quick for Denver... Really.

I need to make a trip for some sea level passes this year. Alabama, Portland, Northern California? Where are the good gatherings at sea level these days?

And I had the slowest redblock on the board. :-( Damn I miss that 240. It was pretty quick for Denver... Really.

I need to make a trip for some sea level passes this year. Alabama, Portland, Northern California? Where are the good gatherings at sea level these days?

Sacramento speedway is alot of fun. They also do test and tune on Saturdays, which is super convient during the Davis vcoa show

Sacramento speedway is alot of fun. They also do test and tune on Saturdays, which is super convient during the Davis vcoa show

Is there a group that goes out to drag race during the Davis weekend? I haven't been in northern California for a couple years now and never done the Davis show. Sounds like a good road trip.

Dude, get your ass down here for Davis man! 20th year coming up in 2019! We have stuff for the show going, but yeah, there was a group that hit the track instead of doing the drive last year. Sac preps halfway decent for Saturdays, not that well for wednesday nights though.

Is there a group that goes out to drag race during the Davis weekend? I haven't been in northern California for a couple years now and never done the Davis show. Sounds like a good road trip.

Yep that is the only time I got to run the car this year. It was a good sized group of us that went to the track. It was a absolute blast

You should make your way to Portland for ipd in May. We usually do drag racing at least once that weekend.

Yeah, one or the other have been on my bucket list. I hate that term. Butt ya know. I love Portland too. April or May could be a good time to get out of Colorado for a week.

I saved you a row on the leaderboard, give me some details... I saw the PM you sent me this year, but you sent me a picture of some timeslips from May 2017. That doesn't really count for 2018.

I must have sent you the wrong pictures then. The picture I posted in post 55 here shows my 13.549 s pass at 115 mph on 11 Aug 2018.

Back