• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Swap b204gt to b234f

You are going to have to build a new exhaust, change computers, and injectors. That will cost you $$. Just spend that $$ on the proper engine setup for your car. Turbo that B234F! It will run fine! Just make an oil return to the oil pan, or drill the block, and add an oil feed. The rest will bolt right in.

Actually, i have everything i need, because i have two cars: a stock 740 16V turbo and a stock 740 16V N/A. But the N/A one is a piece of garbage, except for the engine ( 180 PSI on all cylinders). Thats why i put the B234F in the 16V turbo. I changed the crossmember, because the engine mounts of the B234 won't fit the crossmember of the B204GT. And i'll use the B04 intake manifold to clear the big brake booster in the 740 turbo.
And i see that all the sensors conections are the same for both engines, except for the TPS: B204 have a 6 pins TPS, B234 have a 3 pins TPS. It's going to work the 6 pins TPS with the B234 ecu or i need to adapt the 3 pins TPS on the B204 harness?
Thanks.

Sure, whatever you need, except for the mani and the rods. (@ zvolv)

Both engine share the same block casting and head design. So manifolds are interchangable.
Both engine share the same forged crankshaft and 13 mm conrods.
Only difference is in piston size and static compression.

So you can replace the B204FT long block for a B234F long block. The only thing you should do is replace the B234F valve springs for stiffer ones. You can use the B204FT springs.

The B204FT ECU/EZK/TCU has boost control, egt, knocksensing, et cetera. Don't bother swapping computers, tps, amm, injectors, et cetera.

The 13 mm rods i keep them for another project ('87 B230E).
I would like to keep the B204GT harness and sensors, but if the B234F would stay N/A it's not going to be a problem? I mean how the B204 ecu will react if the engine it's not a turbo engine?

Im gonna PM you and help you out. At work so it may be brief. You just need to figure out what pins on the TPS are for idle and ground. Turbo 2.4 computers dont use the WOT wire.

B204FT TPS is a variable 6 pin. B230FT just needs two wires hooked up. Ground and idle signal.

the B204GT computers are known for killing themselves after a while. make shure it is ok

Back