• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Who doesn't love Dave Barton?

Jon P.

Earlier this week I got some custom gauge faces in from Dave Barton, man did they come out nice. www.davebarton.com <~~~ send this guy your money.

I picked up an instrument cluster at a local JY that was smooth instead of the horrible look of the newer instrument, saving me a step in painting. Glued on a 3M LED strip, drilled a hole through the top of the IC and routed the wire to the lighting area. Soldered in the LED (lead is top, ground is bottom iirc). Carefully stickered the gauges and here we are. Please excuse the terrible pictures, I have no idea how to resize them using g+ or windows 8.

IMG_20140703_205241%253Anopm%253A.jpg

IMG_20140703_205324%253Anopm%253A.jpg

IMG_20140703_223547%253Anopm%253A.jpg

Woah, those look really well made. What material does he use and is it possible to collaborate to get some custom faces made? I'd love to have things like a tach that doesn't have a redline and what have you. Good pics; thanks for sharing!

Woah, those look really well made. What material does he use and is it possible to collaborate to get some custom faces made? I'd love to have things like a tach that doesn't have a redline and what have you. Good pics; thanks for sharing!
Somehow you missed this?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2GyuPp7na80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zazzle does not love Dave Barton:rofl:

Last edited:
Dave Barton spent a bit of time helping me out even though he knew that he didn't have the part I needed.

Dave is awesome to work with, I had him customize a set of gauges for the 240. They look perfect and they're exactly how I wanted them, superb work! However, on one occasion I ordered a few "Drive it like you hate it" stickers from him. Two stickers and one reverse cling if I recall correctly.. The package came right on time but one sticker was missing. I emailed him about it and it seemed like he thought I was lying to him. I think the quote was "It must have evaporated, I'll send another" - and I'm sitting here reading that.. like.. mother****er do you really think I'd try to cheat you out of a four dollar sticker??? You didn't send all of them in the first place, how are you going to send ANOTHER?? Either way, he sent me the third and all was well.. except he also sent me a voltage regulator that I didn't order.. I thought about being a dick in return but instead immediately contacted him and told him of the mistake. Then, like a stoner, I completely forgot about it and it lived in my trunk for about two months. I found it one day while cleaning the car out and immediately got it in the mail, so we're all squared up and I still enjoy doing business with him because the quality is all there.

I'd love to make a cluster that was a bit downplayed. Anybody have any good ideas? This is what I came up with just toying around:

Anybody have any alternative color combinations? My LC-1 has a blue display and I'm gonna get blue, dim LEDs for the triple gauge pod and I can't think of a combination that would go well with that. :-P

Haven't tried much from him, ordered some prancing moose center cap stickers and they didn't stick worth a ****. They looked cool though for the few hours they stayed on lol.

Haven't tried much from him, ordered some prancing moose center cap stickers and they didn't stick worth a ****. They looked cool though for the few hours they stayed on lol.

Did you properly clean all brake dust and dirt, using the recommended methods and materials. Haha jk, he still has some pretty cool stuff.

Did you order stickers or sticker with magnetic backing?

FWIW the prancing moose mag backing I have stay on my fenders at 104mph.

Not sure if mag backing would work well on a plastic center cap though.....

Maybe you didn't clean the caps off well enough? Never had any problems with dave's decals not sticking or staying on. Even the one on my B230F's timing cover.

Back