• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AQ130 (B20) rebuild for a 122

Unfortunately it will be a week or so before I can get my hands on it haha. I'm very curious about that intake that says "accel" on it. Also curious to see if that carb adapter has any other features. It's made for an old chevy 350 from what I can gather. Should be more then enough for my little b20!

judging by the pics, the carb mount and the intake compressed air pipe are the same cast unit... so it might need to go on backward if you see what I mean.

judging by the pics, the carb mount and the intake compressed air pipe are the same cast unit... so it might need to go on backward if you see what I mean.

I'm not quite getting it. Your saying the intake for the turbo comes from the carb mount? How do you avoid fuel in the air mixture? Maybe you don't?

See more of it do you think I should just use a Holley on this setup instead of trying to run one of the other styles of carb? I would need to fab a custom intake that would match the bottom of that carb adapter.

what I see in the pic is that the carb base and the turbo outlet pipe (that bolts to the intake manifold) are one piece, judging by the turbo placement, it is supposed to sit with the carb centered in the engine bay, and turbo on the driver side with the "accel" logo pointed out front. With the b18/20 having the exhaust and intake on the passenger side, you would need to clock it so that the accel logo is readable from the passenger fender or the passenger seat with the downpipe pointing either at the valve cover, or toward the radiator... make sense?

For the carb, a 4 barrel might be kinda cool, maybe a smallish one.

heres a rough sketch of what I mean from the top view
<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9M6uoq2GqnQNWdhMVVFemF4bkU/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>

I gotcha. I was thinking the same thing and trying to figure out how to flip the whole thing to the other side.

I wonder if there's enough space under the hood for all of that? I don't wanna chop things up on this car. I was thinking I could use a webber style intake and just make an adapter to go from the intake to the carb base. But I suppose that would put that who assembly up pretty high so i might run out of room. Custom exhaust Manifold Should be interesting.

I'm thinking a four barrel with vacuum secondaries. That way you could "tune" the additional fuel for when you have built boost. Just a theory mind you haha

Aluminum carb spacer for a Chevy 350 welded to a Webber manifold? Hood clearance might be tough but there is a few inches between the top of the valve cover and the hood.

well you can just about close the hood with a pabst can sitting on the valve cover :-P so I think you will be ok if you can find or make a very slim air cleaner. The carb mount and spacer should be about as tall as the weber including filter, and you should have 4 maybe 5 inches from there to the hood.

That's an awesome unit of measurement. 1 pbr. Haha

Hopefully I can get all of the stuff in the next few weeks and at least set it under the hood to see what my options are. Exhaust and intake are going to be tough.

I shut the hood and then went back to something else and came back "where did I set that beer"

Nice! Guess I need to get that turbo assembly and put a can next to it for an accurate measurement.

So what else needs to be considered for adding a low pressure turbo to this car?

Also what kind of power gains can I expect if I'm running that 4 barrel Holley and 5-6 psi on an otherwise stock b20 with a decent cam.

Last edited:
You'd probably be looking at 125-130 hp at the flywheel, for a high estimate. Head porting and good flowing manifolds and you might break the 150 mark.

I'd say that a standard b20 produces about 90 HP, maybe 100, each # of boost will gain you 7-10% with good tuning, so carb, mech timing control, probably more like 5% per #... going off my 3 pocket dyno apps, 0-60 and 1/8th mile times, I'm only seeing like 180 at the wheels tops, heavily ported, FI, and that was at 10-12psi... so thats like 100% over stock on the b18 bottom end, but its been bored .040, b20 head thats ported with larger exhaust valves, then timing control and fuel control via MS..

That's pretty awesome!

But I'm not looking for 200hp.... Yet. :D

I was just hoping with the turbo I could easily be in the 140-150hp range. Stock is 118 hp for a b20-b.

Sounds like you have some solid real world exp to back that 130 hp guesstimate up. Still a bummer haha.

Back