• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Troystopher: The BonerjamMobile

I'm so excited to watch more of your entertaining yet slightly sketch antics lol.

Just take your time man, this looks like a solid car, and with a little work it should serve you well.

On the topic of poor starting, check your air filter. My mom's 93 245 ran really poorly in the rain and it turned out that all the dirt caked on her air filter turned to mud and obstructed airflow. True Story.

Great
So now we will see you in a Volvo at Carlisle rather than ungodly Dodges or whatnots :oogle:
I'm very much excited about this haha
I'm so excited to watch more of your entertaining yet slightly sketch antics lol.

Just take your time man, this looks like a solid car, and with a little work it should serve you well..

I'm hoping this time around it'll be less sketch. I really really don't want this one to catch on fire.

On the topic of poor starting, check your air filter. My mom's 93 245 ran really poorly in the rain and it turned out that all the dirt caked on her air filter turned to mud and obstructed airflow. True Story.
Oh hey, will do. I don't recall it ever being changed in the years I've worked on it with Troy.

Well sh*t. I missed this thread. Did we miss the part where you put new plug wires on? ;-)

I didn't post about that hahaha.

Also, I should maybe mention that Turbomatic2010 and I are already talking about the few small things I still need to acquire for +T ness. Probably happening sometime once the warm weather comes.

Any idea on the NGK's?

One day, a little over a month ago, I went to start it, in first gear, forgetting to put my foot on the clutch, and the whole car lurched, obviously. After that I couldn't get it to start. Yesterday I found a set of NGK's on the 245, so swapped them to the 244, unplugged and re-plugged in a bunch of electrical connections, inspected a bunch of wiring. Dunno what I did but it runs freaking great now. So that's awesome.

EDIT:

No-start in the rain/wet is also fixed. Whoohoo. Again, no idea what I did. Wish I could know so I could learn from it -_-

I'm itching for the +T, and after driving slow240's lifted 244, I really really want to lift the car the same way. It rode so nice, and opening up the ability to go softroading and not have to care about potholes etc, I'm really really sold on the idea of maximizing the surfaces I can hoon this thing on.

Last edited:
If you need any pointers on lifting it, give me a holler. There's a few things I would do differently a second time, but overall, it is insanely fun, and I highly recommend it.

I definitely want all the pointers from you I can get. I have a second set of front struts (from my 89 wagon or 84 sedan) that I'm willing to sacrifice, and I'm good buddies with a roughcountry dealer so I'll hit him up for the rears.

Hey Brit! How's your summer?

Couldn't go to my biggest Volvo event of the year, Carlisle, because my passport and everything that keeps me legally in Canada went AWOL. Then 3 feet of exhaust fell off this car, including the cat, on the day the registration sticker ran out on my 98 v70. In order to renew that sticker the v70 needs a new cat. Good thing my work is like a 10 minute walk. Waiting on enough money to put a full, much larger diameter exhaust on the 240. I'm thinking 2.75", because most people run 3" on turbo setups and 2.5" on n/a, and I am supposed to be +t-ing the thing eventually.

TB is being a dink and not playing nice with me as I try to upload pics, and I can't trust hosting services anymore, so it's another useless pictureless update, but stuff has happened:

Aeroquip hood pins
Chalkboard paint hood
De-slashed grille and added "jurbo" badge
Put rear springs I bought off of towery eons ago in the rear, cut 2.5 coils off the front. Rake for days.

I love how it handles but I need more awesomeness. Bidding on a local set of rpf1's with sticky rubber on them, we'll see how that goes.

EDIT: also I bought a 3" cat and single 3" to dual 2.5" muffler to do a dual exhaust, Tornetta style. Pumped

Last edited:
Back