• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Splash pan...worth it?

Splash pans are more for aerodynamics than anything else.It does affect your mileage very slightly at highway speeds.That stainless one looks awesome.

So it is.

I am going to put something on the inside of the IPD logo. Idk why they didnt laser etch,but that just a place for dirty and grime to pass through.

Much more cost effective to cut it out when it's being plasma/water/laser cut vs moving it to another machine. Just rivet or screw a piece of colored plastic behind it.

For those not wanting to pay for the ipd ones, i have one on mine just bent up out of some thin gauge aluminium in pretty much the same shape, then a couple of old rubber floor mats cut up to protect at the sides, seems to work pretty well
bvcTR9s.jpg

splash pan=good.
before I had installed one on my 740 the engine was ALWAYS gettin dirty and dusty...now it just gets dusty.
got it from locally- about $22.00

The splash pan has one major disadvantage: it makes it more difficult to stand inside the engine bay of your car.

For those not wanting to pay for the ipd ones, i have one on mine just bent up out of some thin gauge aluminium in pretty much the same shape, then a couple of old rubber floor mats cut up to protect at the sides, seems to work pretty well

Pro imgur tip: add "l" to the end of the image ID (bvcTR9s in your case) and it'll automatically give you a shrunken version to fit forums :)

You want a good used one? I have one, sell it to you really cheap. Its a factory Volvo part as well if I remember correctly. PM me

You want a good used one? I have one, sell it to you really cheap. Its a factory Volvo part as well if I remember correctly. PM me

Shipping would probably make it not worth your time lol. I have free shipping so it's only costing me $27 shipped from ipd brand new. I appreciate the offer though!

Edit: actually it's the exact same price after shipping on rock auto as it is with free shipping on ipd. I just basically want to know if it's any good. The 240 aftermarket ones work perfectly fine for me. Hoping the 7/9 tray is the same.

Ah, you are probably right, all I want for it is the shipping cost, and they probably get better rates than I can. Ya its good, they can take some pretty good hits without a problem, and the only time I had wet belts was going thru water about as deep as the rocker panels. I have an IPD aluminum pan on my V50, it's entertaining to hear stuff whang off of it sometimes lol

Ah, you are probably right, all I want for it is the shipping cost, and they probably get better rates than I can. Ya its good, they can take some pretty good hits without a problem, and the only time I had wet belts was going thru water about as deep as the rocker panels. I have an IPD aluminum pan on my V50, it's entertaining to hear stuff whang off of it sometimes lol

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it:) will order one soon.

Back