• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Next steps for my turbo build?

poppatwist

Hey fellas, I've been gathering up some parts for a while for a +T build on my 92 240GL, all the while replacing OEM stuff for stage 0 here and there. Since none of my buddies have experience with old bricks I wanted to run my parts list here to see what people recommend I get before tearing her apart.

Here's what I've got so far:
- B230FT manifold
- Intercooler and piping from a 760 turbo wagon
- TD04HL13T turbo (fits on the manifold fine, exhaust side needs a custom downpipe)
- jetronic ECU from a 740 turbo
- MAF sensor from the 760 turbo wagon
- Oil pan with an oil bung welded in (done well by an exhaust shop)
- Cooling hard lines for the turbo (the banjo fitting ones)

Other than oil lines, fittings, gaskets, and vacuum lines, what else am I missing or what would you recommend I need on top of all this? Will the parts I got get along okay? The engine and tranny (aw70) have around 140k on them and the only major thing left for stage 0 is fuel pumps and filters. I'm not looking to build a sub 9 second car or anything, just want to liven her up a bit. I'm not expecting to go above 200 horses for now, just want to get it running. Thanks in advance

You can run the aw70 tranmission for a while but it will eventually break. If you are serious about having something reliable, source an aw71 transmission from any turbo car. On top of the main fuel ecu, you need the ezk ignition ecu as well.

I was going to swap in an m47 whenever one shows up near me, would that hold up just as well? I've heard they can handle ~200hp just fine.

13T will do 200hp fine, but for about the same cost you might as well find a 15G for a little more head room.

Back