• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MikeJr. 65 122s project

Awesome car, awesome thread. On a 122, rust free and no bondo is the absolute best way to start the project.

After scratching my head, both sides, for a bit, I'm still wondering how exactly you plan to sacrifice the smaller one to make the bigger one better.
This inquiring mind would love to know...

After scratching my head, both sides, for a bit, I'm still wondering how exactly you plan to sacrifice the smaller one to make the bigger one better.
This inquiring mind would love to know...

Basically I'd have to take a piece out of the smaller one that I think would cover that portion of the larger cover where the ign switch cut out is. Then I'd plastic weld, and and bond it together. I'd use some mess on the backside when bonding for reinforcement. Then I'd sand all that smooth and wipe a skim coat of polyester filler. I'd then have to sand that out smooth, prime it, sand some more, and paint it. I'd paint it using base coat/clear coat paint, black of coarse.

If none of that works I'll just sell the car and buy a Prius

I'm thinking about making a custom Amazon euro tag for the front of the car. I did these in ms paint so the scale's not quite correct to the car, but you get the idea.

163886718.jpg

163886702.jpg

I'll take one if you make a few! Looks GREAT! I have some lasered aluminum deals, I think I have one extra too. Let me know if you want a trunk badge.

I decided to remove the bumper overriders on the front and rear bumpers. I also decided to remove the rear reflectors. I have never liked the reflectors on Amazons. I know they serve a purpose, but it seems like an afterthought, and was poorly executed by Volvo IMO. I will fill the holes from the reflector and spot paint that area.
It gives it a much more "Clean" look. I will not deviate much more than that from the original design of the car.
163916700.jpg

163916716.jpg

Also I removed the dealer emblem on the trunk. Unfortunately they drilled holes in the trunk when they installed it. I plan on putting on one of the Amazon emblems from cwdodson88 there to cover the holes. When I paint it I will remove all the emblems off the trunk.
163916713.jpg

163916717.jpg

I decided to remove the bumper overriders on the front and rear bumpers. I also decided to remove the rear reflectors. I have never liked the reflectors on Amazons. I know they serve a purpose, but it seems like an afterthought, and was poorly executed by Volvo IMO. I will fill the holes from the reflector and spot paint that area.
It gives it a much more "Clean" look. I will not deviate much more than that from the original design of the car.

I've been thinking about doing both of those mods to my car. Thanks for sharing the pics, I'm going to do the same!

Back