• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What clutch and flywheel setup did you use for your T5?

89_740Turbo

So I was able to source a clean World Class T5 trans, but it didn't come with a flywheel. Its a 1989 T5 if that makes a difference.

What clutch and flywheel setup did you use? My goal is anywhere between 250HP to 300HP. For the clutch, I'm looking at using Yoshifabs stage 3 setup https://yoshifab.com/store/volvo-red-block-stage-3-clutch.html

Yoshi says it's good for up to 350ftlbs of torque so that is perfect and I know it will be quality. I don't know what flywheel to use though. Stock or performance.

What did you use? My car is lh2.2

Last edited:
Call South bend clutch, they don't have a listing on their website but they have the package for a red block flat flywheel/t5 swap in the computer.

Awesome, Ill definitely give them a call. Do you know if its stock stuff or something more geared toward performance like a light flywheel

Awesome, Ill definitely give them a call. Do you know if its stock stuff or something more geared toward performance like a light flywheel

I'm running the Volvo flat flywheel from an M46 equipped car, the clutch setup from them is supposed to hold 280ft.lbs. It hasn't slipped or broken on me yet after 4 yrs of autocross abuse.

JVAB Sooooper bitching flat billet flywheel, Spec Stage 2.5 clutch and disc for a Saaaab 900 Aero (240mm diameter). It's about the biggest diameter clutch you can squeeze into a Volvo bellhousing. So it was holding 300 - 350 whp on mine with no issues, and doing it without a heavy clutch pedal either. The 2.5 disc has ceramic stuff on one side, Kevlar on the other, and a sprung hob, so it was very streetable as well (nice soft initial bite).

They still have a 'Ford T5 flange' option on their website that they added for me: http://www.specclutch.com/cars/Saab/9000/1995/Single

It's not cheap, but since I was getting the whole clutch kit from one source, if it didn't work properly, I had one place to bitch to and they couldn't deflect blame from one part to the other (it's that PP you used! It's that disc you used!).

Would that have helped? Dunno, but I never had any issues with it, it worked great.

Back