• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

R Brembo calipers on a 140

vwbusman66

Stößelstange über alles
Has anybody done it? I know the wheel fitment is affected for a 240 with STS mounts, but I'm curious if you can modify the STS mounts in the same manner as a 240 caliper to make them work. I know a few guys could definitely use the stopping power, and I wouldn't mind them on mine either (regardless of powerplant choice).

Has anybody done it? I know the wheel fitment is affected for a 240 with STS mounts, but I'm curious if you can modify the STS mounts in the same manner as a 240 caliper to make them work. I know a few guys could definitely use the stopping power, and I wouldn't mind them on mine either (regardless of powerplant choice).

Both 140's i've owned have different brakes, what ya got? And front or back?
Honestly those brakes are damm good from the factory

Stock 140 brakes are really quite good and haven’t gotten expensive like 122/1800 stuff yet. On some of the older cars it’s worth it to upgrade for parts availability or to be able to use parts that cost less but I made the decision to just leave mine alone.

Stock 140 brakes are really quite good and haven?t gotten expensive like 122/1800 stuff yet. On some of the older cars it?s worth it to upgrade for parts availability or to be able to use parts that cost less but I made the decision to just leave mine alone.

What pads do you run on your stock 140 brakes? I'm shopping for pads right now.

Usually Akebono if they’re available. I like the cleanest pad I can find because I don’t want to clean dust off my wheels every day and I’ll give up some performance for that :lol:. Early 240 pads are the same so there’s a few more options out there.

Back