• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

NPR installs

noz-e8tr

I know which one to get, and the install looks pretty simple. I've searched and all I've found is how to install it. What I'm wondering/looking for is if anyone can give real world feedback as to the effects of the install? What did to you notice most? Did you notice anything at all? Do you have to push 18+ psi to reap the benefits? Or can they be felt at 12-13psi? Where does the benefit come from? Does the NPR simply flow better, or does it also cool better?

Honestly, I did feel a little difference in throttle response but that was about it, even at lower boost levels. Having MS on the car now, I can watch the intake temps drop when I roll into boost oddly enough, and even on a 100* day at 15-18psi I seldom get over around 120-130* manifold temps in boost.

There's also the fact that it's a welded IC so no risk of it popping an end tank or leaking at an end tank.

I don't have an npr I have a big eBay intercooler and I felt harder pulls than with the stock intercooler I think almost anything is an upgrade from stock

I upgraded to a Powerstroke intercooler from Saab 9-5 core...

Turbo is audibly not trying as hard... Boost arrives sooner.... Ambient intake air temps.
I had been told to 'Expect more lag due to increased volume.' This was BS.

they work alot better. What i can tell you that when i was monitoring IAT's with the NPR they never spike. The stock volvo intercooler couldn't keep up.

My car had a little bit of ping when boosting in fourth from about 2500 rpm. This was with 12-13psi. I put the npr in and that slight audible ping was gone and it had slightly better throttle response as well. One of the best changes I made.

With the hard pipes and silicone hoses on my NPR install when I upgraded to those in that thread I noticed the boost came on quicker with less rubber hose flex in the mix. I recommend that upgrade also.

Might not be an issue with a bigger turbo, but I'm still rocking the 13c at about 15lbs of boost. I got 19T to put in just haven't gotten it in yet..

I haven't put an npr in yet but I drove in idealgaslaws 19t car before and after the npr and it made a huge difference in response. Pulled harder, quicker at less psi.

Back