• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2k16, 9/29-10/2/2016

So now I have to take it home, set the camber myself, take it to some dumb shop that does 'alignment checks' for free, and see where I am.
And then I'll need to repeat this process until it's correct.

String alignment? I've only done it once and it was kind of a pain in the ass, but not too terrible.

Hell yes, I need to cover up a volvospeed sticker on my ****.

odyau8ql.jpg

:oops: The only reason the others work is because I haven't broken them.

edit: got a call from the shop about the alignment - they said 'uhh how do you do the camber?'

Well mother****ers I told you when I dropped it off it has camber plates that needed the strut tube dropped and the upper arms were threaded in the rear. So now I have to take it home, set the camber myself, take it to some dumb shop that does 'alignment checks' for free, and see where I am.
And then I'll need to repeat this process until it's correct.

It sounds like you need to find a better shop. Is there some form of speed shop around there? Or race car shop?

Last edited:
It sounds like you need to find a better shop. Is there some form of speed shop around there? Or race car shop?

No.

there's a legit alignment shop like two miles from the house and the guy that runs it is dying or something, so it's closed.

I'm headed outside now to adjust the rear camber. Rear is currently -2.2 and -2.4.

Front...we'll see. One side is -.8 and one side is -1.8. With the rear, it's a threaded arm that replaced the stock unit, so unbolt one side, give it two twists out, and see what happens.
With the front, there's no graduations. I have no idea how much movement correlates to how much camber.

Unless I really screw this up (long time no backyard align):

For a 24"installed height from ball joint to top, that's radius of a circle.
48x3.14=150
150/360 deg. = 0.4" movement per degree.

I don't know your installed height, that's just a number i picked for the mental math.

Ah, I've never actually been to Courthouse. Nice.

Edit//that's just on the other side of 215 from Dill Falls, and only about 10 minutes from the lodge.

I really want to check that out now. Kind of making me want to bring the ranger to go on some of those forest service roads.

You should go. It's an easy hike, and a very easy drive. First two big bridges on that FSR are newly built. Immediately after crossing the third (and old) bridge, you'll spot the trail head on the left. Walk for 5-10 minutes down the trail, and a spur cuts back down the hill to your left side down to the falls. Maybe another 5 minutes walk... A huge hemlock fell and smashed some of the stairs leading down, but you can make it fairly easily.

215 is a great road... May still find a way to bring the supermoto if the car isn't up and running at that point.

I'm half tempted to throw the mountain bike in the car. However, that would leave literally no cargo space because Fiesta. Maybe I won't.

Also, what's the gas situation down there? I keep hearing things about shortages.

I'm half tempted to throw the mountain bike in the car. However, that would leave literally no cargo space because Fiesta. Maybe I won't.

Also, what's the gas situation down there? I keep hearing things about shortages.

It's a bunch of morons that ran to the gas station and filled up every car, truck, riding lawnmower, milk jug, and fish tank they owned because they don't possess the critical thinking skills to understand that there wasn't a fuel shortage, just a distribution hiccup.

Currently, pretty much every station in town is out of fuel, but we're expecting deliveries the middle of this week. Should be straightened out before y'all get up here.

I figured as much. I remember when Katrina hit every station in Moorseville and Statesville being out of fuel. Those that had it wanted $8 a gal for it.

Granted Katrina was a different situation.

Back