• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

Curious if you've pulled the springs and put the suspension all the way down? Make sure the lip is rolled out of the way near the dogleg part of the quarter panel because that's a spot I've seen it grab the tire on hard compression when low and w/tall tires. Happened on Rob's car once and actually bent the straight lip out where it had caught on the tire.

I did. It barely touches the plastic trim that wraps around there. (I assume that's what you're talking about). I might have to cut that plastic and hammer the fender forwards.

Yeah, do what you can. Bushing deflection can let that axle move a lot. I was noticing what looked like a toe/wheelbase change during acceleration in the recent Bamse gatebil vid (part 4 or 5?).

Yeah, do what you can. Bushing deflection can let that axle move a lot. I was noticing what looked like a toe/wheelbase change during acceleration in the recent Bamse gatebil vid (part 4 or 5?).

yep..... especially those ginormous axle bushings....

Got my rear calipers in. Yes it's upside down. I just happened to take this one apart first. The brackets are mocked up in MDF, I'll get them into cad tomorrow and get dem machined.
Front and rears are from a Cayenne/Q7/Touareg. The calipers are one piece aluminum. They weigh ~4 lbs each. Lighter than the stock rears.
The e-brake still works.
DSC_8763.jpg

Last edited:
S60R rears? How does the handbrake shoe fit in these are they the same diameter? Its what i had in the very long pipeline for the 242. I have a pair waiting to go on my 850R now.
Adam

Back