• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

May 18-20, 2012 -- Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals -- Carlisle, PA

Sonofabitch. I think I might have to pull off aux belt replacement, A/C delete, and ps pump replacement before Carlisle. Which is kind of a bitch, considering I'll need to do it in my week off before the next semester, outdoors, broke, and underequipped. Also looks like I might need a harmonic balancer. :rant:

How are you doing a/c delete? Are your belts different from mine? I think I need to make a special bracket.

Im still gonna be there.....hopefully in another volvo by then, but if not o well. Im still going because there is nothing better then carlisle.....except waffle house!!!!!!!! and my chicken, which i will be making again this year!

I have no idea how it quoted this too, because I didn't click it, but I'm glad to hear that your chicken is going to be there. So ready for some sweet baby rays. if not a volvo, what will you be taking? what do you have that's an import?

How are you doing a/c delete? Are your belts different from mine? I think I need to make a special bracket.

I have a 1983 244 parts car with no A/C, so I have the correct bracket.

There is an A/C delete bracket that you can get off of non-a/c cars. Jay's parts car is a non-a/c car, so I took that when I pulled the power steering off of it. However, it got shuffled around to the upstairs of the barn at his parents' house, so I'm not positive that I have all the bolts. :rant:

Not that anyone will care, because I haven't met any of you yet, but I'm going.:nod:

Anybody caravanning down via I87, I88, or I81?

Everyone in NE should meet at the one perkins...where is that, like, (throwing out a wild guess here) harrisburg? does that sound right?

Anyway, it's on 81, and the philly crew meets with the majority of the rest of the NE-sters there, and then we all convoy (MASSIVE convoy) from there to carlisle.

I have no idea how it quoted this too, because I didn't click it, but I'm glad to hear that your chicken is going to be there. So ready for some sweet baby rays. if not a volvo, what will you be taking? what do you have that's an import?

I have a 1983 244 parts car with no A/C, so I have the correct bracket.

Volvo 144 ;-)

Everyone in NE should meet at the one perkins...where is that, like, (throwing out a wild guess here) harrisburg? does that sound right?

Anyway, it's on 81, and the philly crew meets with the majority of the rest of the NE-sters there, and then we all convoy (MASSIVE convoy) from there to carlisle.

Definitely goingn to meet at Perkins, but I was thinking if others area heading down the NE corridors, we could meet up and travel together. These are 20+ year old cars and there's safety in numbers. Or I can just drive down by with my other friends (myself). :oops:

Depends on what day you come down! If you have a place to crash Thursday night, you can join the philly caravan. Jay and I will be heading down 81 through NY on Thursday and crashing at my mom's that night.

I've got family in H-burg, so I could drive down 81 early and crash there. Then I can meet up with the Philly crew. Other option would be to meet up with other NE folks around Newburg or Woodbury Outlets on 87? Decisions, decisions.

Back