• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

What are these cool looking head lights?

14581425_228835840866920_7072943077602452729_n.jpg

Got to be brighter than the crappy plastic ones. I even polished the lenses and put in the upgrade Hella bulbs.

You have your mirrors on the fenders like that, don't you Red?

IRL

:barf:

Hey, thanks for the head light link.

They are NOT truck headlight brackets. They are 90-93
240 headlights with removed covers, I painted
the chrome reflectors black, and mounted 7in round
headlights inside.

Hmm. Sounds a bit marginal. Adapt a JY head light "bucket" to fit in the the OE plastic mount panel. I'd have to see one I suppose.

Hey, what's that new intermittent metallic ping / click noise from the dash? One of the many relay's dying?

Car isn't running right today. Intermittent hesitation. Like it's not getting gas.

Probably separate issues.

Is there a link that will educate me on the various injectors in these cars. "Red tops" or whatever? Should we send them out to be serviced every 30 years or so?

Hey, thanks for the head light link.

They are NOT truck headlight brackets. They are 90-93
240 headlights with removed covers, I painted
the chrome reflectors black, and mounted 7in round
headlights inside.

Hmm. Sounds a bit marginal. Adapt a JY head light "bucket" to fit in the the OE plastic mount panel. I'd have to see one I suppose.

Yea pretty bad IRL.

All that and you can look through a soda straw in your rear view mirrors while you scare the kids with your horrible lights.

Hey, what's that new intermittent metallic ping / click noise from the dash? One of the many relay's dying?

Car isn't running right today. Intermittent hesitation. Like it's not getting gas.

Probably separate issues.

Is there a link that will educate me on the various injectors in these cars. "Red tops" or whatever? Should we send them out to be serviced every 30 years or so?

Dunno post in maintenance and let the pros take a crack at it?

block it off, looping it back without a valve just loops back HOT water to the inlet of the pump. Get a 3/8" ball valve and use that to connect the hoses. Open the valve to burp the cooling system, then shut it off until you change the core.

Under the car tonight. Found this rubber plug / drain thing in the transmission tunnel with a green drop on it. Guess I'll be doing this sooner than later.

The blower sounds like it has rocks in it. Does the blower come out without tearing apart the dash?

I saw something about somebody making a cool stainless hose connector (barb?) for the cowl (I think?). Should I get one?

Back