• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Difference between 84-and 85+ 240 6 panel taillights

ermit71

Hey y'all

I have left and right 240 6 panel tail lights.

volvo part# 1307771 my 84-

Volvo part # 1372450 my 85+

They appear to be a matched pair.

What is the difference between the 84- and 85+ 6 panel tail lights if any, Turbobricks?

Thee circuit board just for starters, and if they're anything like the pre 85 wagon tails one of the bulb holders is shorter for a single filament bulb.

1979-84 US/Cdn spec have no rear fog. 1985-93 have rear fog. On the driver's side, only the circuit board is different. Passenger side, both the board and the housing are different. Mounting slots for the passenger bottom outer bulbholder are in a different place on the later housings.

-J

1979-84 US/Cdn spec have no rear fog. 1985-93 have rear fog. On the driver's side, only the circuit board is different. Passenger side, both the board and the housing are different. Mounting slots for the passenger bottom outer bulbholder are in a different place on the later housings.

-J

Thanks for the info folks!

If I am reading this correctly, if I installed a later circuit board and fog light bulb/holder on the drivers side (it is the -84 one). Then they would both work on a later car (85-93)?

Thanks for the info folks!

If I am reading this correctly, if I installed a later circuit board and fog light bulb/holder on the drivers side (it is the -84 one). Then they would both work on a later car (85-93)?

Yup.

Driver's tail is an '82 with '85-'93 board and tail/brake bulbholder in the lower outer position. Passenger is a '91 unit that's completely stock for that year. Car is my '82 242 that has been upgraded with the rear fog lamp wiring from a later car. Also replaced the crusty fuse block with one from an '89 244DL that wasn't crusty. Yes, it meant that I needed to get a 1985-89 fuse box cover with the correct fuse diagram, but no big deal.

Back