• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Auto Zone rotors

Status
Not open for further replies.

iHateVolvoPeople

93 245.

I'm just curious if anyone else has tried these. When I first got my wagon it needed rotors and brakes all around. I replaced everything, and the cheap things have been warped since day one. They shake my brake pedal and pulsate (though not as bad as before).

What stock replacement rotors do you guys use?

Inb4 "did you bed the brakes tho?"

You need to be a little bit more specific, they sell different brand rotors, not just one.

I'm guessing you bought the cheapest one offered?

Just double checked it was actually autozone and they were duralast rotors.

Derp.

Honestly I just run nice OEM old skool rotors that seem to last as long as the car. Just post up in wanted and be specific you want either nos or decent old ones. You won't be disappointed.

I've also ran the atom cut style bremos with success. Anything from those auto parts places is %90 china/Mexico garbage.

Derp.

Honestly I just run nice OEM old skool rotors that seem to last as long as the car.
Just post up in wanted and be specific you want either nos or decent old ones. You won't be disappointed.

I've also ran the atom cut style bremos with success. Anything from those auto parts places is %90 china/Mexico garbage.

You must be thinking of your 140, 240 rotors are soft to match the organic pads, and need replacing every 20-30K miles.

Just double checked it was actually autozone and they were duralast rotors.

There's your problem right there. The last Duralast parts I used were brake pads that faded out in a flat neighborhood with speed bumps.

Cheap parts store rotors have their uses. They're only to be used while your original rotors are being turned true. I have one parts store rotor, it has never failed to get me to the place where I can get one rotor turned!:)

IMO....if you had them resurfaced you would just be throwing more money into a lost cause. Less material and less to resistance to warping.

RockAuto has a good selection and you can determine the country of origin. At least purchase them from North America for better results.

Hopefully they can give my money back. My buddy works at autozone and said I could get free replacements, but I don't want to be back to square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back