• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Got some stuff accomplished - helrazor's '90 700

700volts

Winter '17/'18 - Blown headgasket!....installed new HG (of course) also installed freshened-up 531 head, new IPD turbo cam, ported exhaust manifold (and ported hotside), resealed head mounted distributer, water pump, front seals, plugs, timing belt and all other drive belts.
December '15 - Originl heater core gave up. Replaced with all metal aftermarket unit, pretty simple job. It's like a dashboard puzzle.
November '14 - Converted to round tooth gear set including a TTR adjustable cam gear. Timing Belt. New radiator, water pump, t-stat, all front and rear water related hoses and clamps, heater control valve, auxiliary belts.
July '14 - All tune up parts including filters.
June '14 - New upgraded clutch installed by Eastside. New cluth fork, throwout bearing, real main seal, etc.
March '14 - Volvo amp finally gave up so installed new stereo with bluetooth and all that good stuff.
July '11 - 3" Downpipe built by RSI using 2 90 degree mandrell bends. Full 3" back now complete.
April '10 - New IPD lowering springs, new Sachs Turbo Gas struts & shocks
March '10 - Browntops, Install IPD HD CBV Spring kit
Feb '10 - Upgrade 25T with 15G
Dec '09 - Front rotors/pads
July/October '09 - Calibrated boost gauge, Narrow band air/fuel gauge, delete Turbo + system, Manual Boost Control install, Intake heat shield.
May '09 - New FPR, New Fuel Filter, Sea Foam Crank Case, New Main Fuel Pump
April '09 - 3" inch custom mandrell bent Cat Back system, Timing Belt, Auxiliary belts, Water Pump, Thermostat, Front Engine Seals (cam, straight shaft), Sea Foam Fuel Tank, Plugs, Cap, Rotor
March '09 - Air Box removal, 3 inch Cold Air Intake, NPR Intercooler Installation, Lowered car.

#1 PROJECT - FACTORY AIR BOX REMOVAL:
After TEST fitting my NPR, I decided that things would be WAY too cozy in there, so the Volvo factory air box had to go! No Big deal...my only concern was that my car is equipped with the dealer Installed " TURBO PLUS " system. I wanted to keep this system intact because at this point it is still working well and gives me 20 extra ponies at WOT. I found that none of the " TURBO PLUS" components rely on the Air Box but served as mounting points for the Turbo Plus. So I found new homes for them, yanked the Box, then sourced an elbow to come off the MAF into a 3" Filter. WOW!! I can now hear that little T25 go!
IMG_5189.jpg

#2 PROJECT - NPR INSTALL:
Overall I would say that the NPR IS pretty much drop-in depending on your skill level....but you can't just slap it in there. Here are a few things I chose to modify to get the NPR to fit nicely and keep a clean stockish look.
*I placed a long piece of wood for the IC to sit on, this brought the intercooler up high enough to clear the oil cooler.
IMG_5285.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

*I sliced some meat off the <s>tranny</s> engine cooler bracket -
IMG_5163.jpg

*I modified the radiator brackets a bit -
IMG_5190.jpg

*I chopped several inches off of the cold side hard intake pipe -
IMG_5191.jpg

*There were a few other little things not really worth mentioning, I think it came out pretty clean -
IMG_5161.jpg

IMG_5177.jpg

#3 PROJECT - LOWER THE CAR!!!:
With the low profile tires the car looked like a 4X4, too much space between the tire and fender lip. I couldn't stand it any longer. Lowering the car took a few hours but only cost me 20 bucks. I'm not proud of how I did it, I'll just leave it at that.
- BEFORE -
144-4445_IMG.jpg

- AFTER -
IMG_5174.jpg

IMG_5172.jpg

Pretty sure the next project will be 3" cat back system, not as do-it-yourself as this stuff was.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
With the NPR, I'm not sure I can actually feel a big difference on the lower end, the air box removal helped out in that area.

Where I DO feel a difference with the NPR, is after the Turbo Plus kicks in, it is a very noticeable difference. The engine just seems flat out stronger on the top end.

There is one in For Sale right now, hasn't been pressure tested though. They pop up from time to time around here.

Last edited:
just an FYi but that is not the trans cooler, that is the external oil cooler
:oops: You are so right, I never really followed the lines back, but now that you mention it my 245 is set up the same way and I remember seeing where they led when I did the wiring harness on that.

One of my next projects is loosing the T25 and putting a T3/T4 on it, anyone know who makes downpipes for that sort of a swap?:-P

i never find a real straight answer..what size NPR is the 'close to drop in'?
The core on this one is 19.5 wide X 14.5 tall, so that's not including the end tanks.

Last edited:
An MBC and some more boost will make a HUGE difference, you should consider some chips :)

I really like your car btw.

:oops: You are so right, I never really followed the lines back, but now that you mention it my 245 is set up the same way and I remember seeing where they led when I did the wiring harness on that.

One of my next projects is loosing the T25 and putting a T3/T4 on it, anyone know who makes downpipes for that sort of a swap?:-P

we can hook you up with the turbo and downpipe, we have all you would need here to build a t3/t4 with a 3" Vband outlet and downpipe, let me see what size compressor wheels we have along with turbine housings, add in a set of chips from me and you should be good to go for tons of power

Back