• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Lost n confused. Ignition coil -?88 240

bkaushansky

I have an ?88 240 with Chrysler ignition and LH2.2. What options do I have for a hotter spark? Running on original coil and noticed I have weak yellow/orange spark. Replacing rotor and cap. Figured a 30 yr old coil might be beyond its lifespan.

Can someone point me to the correct part? My research suggested OEM Bosch was a 60kv unit but doesn?t look to be available. What else is out there?

Thanks in advance.
B.

If you check the primary circuit resistance any coil with the same measurement should work. A coil from one of the aftermarket companies like Pertronix or MSD should work as long as the primary resistance is the same.

Before doing any of that. I'd go over the electrical connections. Clean that main fuse near the battery and the fuse box inside the car. Make sure there isn't any crud built up on the coil connections.

Thanks. All of the above steps have been done. The rotor and cap are quite corroded. New ones arriving tomorrow.

If your car uses the same bosch rotor as the older kjet cars. There is a low resistance rotor from BERU that fits. It's part number is NVL145.

Back