• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2012 VCOA Meet is in St. Louis (June 1-3)

Ah. Was a joke anyway. I'm not originally from STL and "what high school did you go to?" means nothing to me. The River Front Times just did a pretty good article about the whole phenomenon

If you want good pizza down there, I know of no place better than Quattro's in Carbondale. Hour and a half drive, but son of a bitch it's worth it!

That's a long-arse drive. There's a place called the Blackthorn Pub over in Tower Grove Heights that's supposed to serve real Chicago (i.e. Gino's East) Pizza. Wouldn't be too far from the Park.

I have both my 740 and my 940 registered. Gotta do some waxing and detailing to both cars and wrap up a few odds and ends with the 740. So much I'd like to have gotten done, but with the new baby, no time to do it.:grrr:

I will also have a few parts to sell, including a feeler for selling my clean set of 15x7 ARE meshies wiht decent rubber... :oogle:

Last edited:
Wrong coast!

Err...

I just took the wagon slightly apart. It was chuffling like a steam locomotive, the bolts on the turbo loosened slightly and blew out the ss gasket. Shouldn't be too hard to get it going again, I ordered a copper gasket this time, see how that works.

PV - just needs to have a bristle brush scrub. That helps maintain its carefully crafted lack of shine. Might cut and reweld the bumper brackets on the rear still, the bumper sits a little lower and further away from the body than I envisioned it (1941 Ford bumper, narrowed ~13").

I have both my 740 and my 940 registered. Gotta do some waxing and detailing to both cars and wrap up a few odds and ends with the 740. So much I'd like to have gotten done, but with the new baby, no time to do it.:grrr:

I will also have a few parts to sell, including a feeler for selling my clean set of 15x7 ARE meshies wiht decent rubber... :oogle:

Cleaning session at your place Friday night? I'll need to touch up my 940 before Saturday.

Cleaning session at your place Friday night? I'll need to touch up my 940 before Saturday.

Sorry, I'd love to host a detailing session but my wife would not approve of a hive of activity at our house past 7pm. Between losing her job recently and having a 3 month old that isn't sleeping or eating well, she's so stressed it wouldn't be a pretty picture. :-( My older daughter would love it, she'd be climbing through everyone's cars and asking like 1200 questions... :lol: In the itinerary included with your registration email there was some details about the designated washing spot in the Chase Park Plaza parking garage saturday morning.

It's a little bit of a drive from the Forest Park area (~30 minutes), but there is a great self-service car wash in Columbia, IL that I highly recommend. Large, well-lit parking lot, tire cleaner, wax, gloss enhancer and spot-free settings, blow drier, vacuums plus it's clean and safe. I could probably get away for while Friday night. We could meet up at the car wash and then grab some beers (and dinner) at a local establishment. There's a bar with an outside seating area that would be great for a TB social. I'd love to get a picture of a bunch of old Volvos lining Main St. in Columbia. :nod:

Last edited:
Sorry, I'd love to host a detailing session but my wife would not approve of a hive of activity at our house past 7pm. Between losing her job recently and having a 3 month old that isn't sleeping or eating well, she's so stressed it wouldn't be a pretty picture. :-( My older daughter would love it, she'd be climbing through everyone's cars and asking like 1200 questions... :lol: In the itinerary included with your registration email there was some details about the designated washing spot in the Chase Park Plaza parking garage saturday morning.

It's a little bit of a drive from the Forest Park area (~30 minutes), but there is a great self-service car wash in Columbia, IL that I highly recommend. Large, well-lit parking lot, tire cleaner, wax, gloss enhancer and spot-free settings, blow drier, vacuums plus it's clean and safe. I could probably get away for while Friday night. We could meet up at the car wash and then grab some beers (and dinner) at a local establishment. There's a bar with an outside seating area that would be great for a TB social. I'd love to get a picture of a bunch of old Volvos lining Main St. in Columbia. :nod:

It being summer now. I could only remember what the heat and the pathetic humidity is like right now...

It being summer now. I could only remember what the heat and the pathetic humidity is like right now...

10 day forecast says high 82 and a low of 59 for friday, so it might be a nice night to hang out. High of 85 for Saturday, looks like a nice weekend.

That sounds great.

Back