• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ipd bars approved in Europe? Germany/holland?

HRPufNStuf

Might have to move to Holland, Belgium or Germany for the next 3 years for work.
Just bought a set of IPD bars for my 2010 xc90 when I drove through Portland a few months ago.
So....do I install them, then have to remove them again when I ship the car to Antwerp in the summer?.....or are they fine and nobody would care during a roadworthy check in Germany, Holland or Belgium?

Patrick

Paint the parts in the OEM color so they won't be noticed.

In the Netherlands it doesn't matter as long as the parts are in good technical condition.

no one take care, use them. I did paint them black too.
Next problem:
It is not permitted to use the car more than 6 months each year on the continent with Kanadian number plates.
You have to take care. It will be a tax problem otherwise.
If you leave the state in wich you stay regulary take pics and bills. For example: You stay in Germany and visit Denmark: pics and bills for fuel.
No one else than you( except your wife/childs) is permitted to drive the car with Canadian plates in Europe, otherwise a custom toll problem again.
A registration in Germany is not a huge problem, in other countrys of Europe I don't know.
Maybe it will be cheaper to buy a car here and let yours stay in Canada.

regards, Kay

Thanks all.
I think I have a NATO exemption on most of the road tax stuff......or I will just have to get Euro plates and register it in Europe anyway.
I think I'll just install the bars if I have time over the Xmas holidays. Would like to bring my 91 780 coupe too, but might need to stick that in storage rather than ship 2 cars.
Buying a car there is tempting too....Considering bringing a Defender back to Canada as well, but it needs to be 15 years old to import. Anyway, won't know for sure if I am going for a few months.
Patrick

no one take care, use them. I did paint them black too.
Next problem:
It is not permitted to use the car more than 6 months each year on the continent with Kanadian number plates.
You have to take care. It will be a tax problem otherwise.
If you leave the state in wich you stay regulary take pics and bills. For example: You stay in Germany and visit Denmark: pics and bills for fuel.
No one else than you( except your wife/childs) is permitted to drive the car with Canadian plates in Europe, otherwise a custom toll problem again.
A registration in Germany is not a huge problem, in other countrys of Europe I don't know.
Maybe it will be cheaper to buy a car here and let yours stay in Canada.

regards, Kay

I was going to suggest painting them black to make them less noticeable. But that suggestion has already be made.

Back